Salt folding knife - contest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Spyderco "Police" that I carry on occasion (on the surface) and I love it so put "Ber Rabbit" in for a chance at one that will work underwater.
Ber :lilbunny:

I have a spyderco folder that was a present from my wife. She knew I don't like a lot of clutter when I dive and thought it would be a good alternative to a bigger fixed blade knife. It does develop pinhead size rust spots in the salt water but I honestly don't think it was designed for diving. A totally rust proof folder would be a GREAT thing. P.S. It is not of the salt series.

I use the spyderco sharpening set on my reed knives, works like a charm for me.

Making oboe reeds requires knives that are as sharp as is possible - resharpen every 20 min or so in use - fanatical would describe most people that make reeds. Still a beginner oboe player so I am only very particular, got a ways to go before I get to fanatical:D

Would love a dive knife. darnold9999

Hmm, I guess I should say, my screen name is ScubaJW. Thanks!

Hi Darnold,

We have a number of oboe players that use our ceramic sharpeners to sharpen their reed knives.

BTW, I was a beginning oboe player once. gave up (no time) before getting good. Now I play a Bose. :wink:

sal

ScreenName == wcl.

Have always loved my land-based Spydercos!

Will see what value I can add on the H1 thread,

Cheers,
Walter

Those look sweet! I love testing gear.

Back
Top Bottom