salvaging my Uk blue tang dive knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
using the knife on the leg is obviously out of the question now. my girl spent serious bucks on this titanium baby. anyway i can salvage it and still remain dir? was thinking of removing the straps and buying some velcro so i can mount it sideways along the waiststrap? what do you guys suggest?

by the way the knife is not blunt.

Apparently its on the left hand side of the waist harness belt. To be strictly DIR. So you would be right. On the harness waist is right.

ie It won't break the bank and you can use the other knife to stab your local friendly caring Gue instructor .. after training of course :)

junior diver:
Apparently its on the left hand side of the waist harness belt. To be strictly DIR. So you would be right. On the harness waist is right.

yes i plan to have it on the left side. i plan to mount it however sideways and not the knife upright becasue it is around 7 inches long including handle

7"??!!!

Trust me it will just get in the way.

There is always ebay!!

mer:
7"??!!!

Trust me it will just get in the way.

There is always ebay!!

i actually tried it on. its about 3 inches to the right of the left d ring. its sligthly narrower than the harness strap and it runs to about 2 inches to spare on the center d ring. doesnt get in the way at all.

Spoon:
anyway i can salvage it and still remain dir?

No....big knives are useless and get in the way. If you don't need it, don't bring it...

Get an akona/Halcyon blunt-tipped harness mounted knife or make one yourself....

Soggy:
No....big knives are useless and get in the way. If you don't need it, don't bring it...

Get an akona/Halcyon blunt-tipped harness mounted knife or make one yourself....

i will test dive it a couple of times. honestly it doesnt get in the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom