Salvo versus Halcyon: Solved.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read an email that brings up a great point..

If this guy has been such a liar and thief for a dozen or so years, why was he still working for Halcyon?

Maybe JJ wasn't in the "right circles"

jonnythan:
I just read an email that brings up a great point..

If this guy has been such a liar and thief for a dozen or so years, why was he still working for Halcyon?

Maybe JJ wasn't in the "right circles"
I don't think anyone said he was stealing for a dozen years. Once again, what I heard was that JJ fealt that Barry was a friend. When people would tell JJ that Barry was a screw-up, JJ stood by Barry. Bad move from a business standpoint instead of talking to him, but partly understandable from a friend standpoint. Finally, JJ had no option but to talk with him, and that's when the crap really started. Barry's poor business skills turned into Barry's poor stealing skills and a purposeful destructive nature instead of just incompitence. NOTE: I only heard this from someone in the know, but still can't prove or disprove it. I happen to believe it, but that is me. It tends to follow the line of the story that I believe. Those of you that believe Barry to be the victim here will, of course, not believe this and that is fine too.

But, the short answer to the question above, absurd as I think it is from a reality standpoint, is that JJ considered Barry a friend and trusted him. Sometimes, that makes us do really stupid things.

Chris

And thats why you seperate friendship from business. I have a couple of VERY good friends working for me..........but will have NO qualms about firing their @sses if it needs to be (improve business, prevent detriment). They know that and we completely seperate personal from business..........

you know, part of all this bad blood is that you have people who are
mixing emotions with business, friendship with profit

never good

H2Andy:
you know, part of all this bad blood is that you have people who are
mixing emotions with business, friendship with profit

never good

divers running businesses is also often not a good mix....

It is very interesting to read all the posts, internet messages, etc..

From an outsider's perspective (I am not a technical diver, don't own a HID ..yet.) it just amazes me.

From support you LDS, to only "ABC" gear is "Right", and on to Salvo -vs- Halcyon.. the dive community is very opinionated.. and we all know what opinions are like :)

I do not know what happened.. I could not take sides.. I was not privvy to all the information.. I just don't have enough information to back either side. There is only one true fact, and that was addressed in Barry's message. He stole, he was caught, he is paying. If you believe that people who have served their time, and paid their debt to society, then once that is done, it is business as usual. I do know, the ranting from either camp is doing no justice to the situation.

Which brings up one more point...

Have you checked out the Green Force lights over at TDL?

http://www.techdivinglimited.com

That's probably where my money will be going.. so they both lose.

cmalinowski:
I don't think anyone said he was stealing for a dozen years. Once again, what I heard was that JJ fealt that Barry was a friend. When people would tell JJ that Barry was a screw-up, JJ stood by Barry. Bad move from a business standpoint instead of talking to him, but partly understandable from a friend standpoint. Finally, JJ had no option but to talk with him, and that's when the crap really started. Barry's poor business skills turned into Barry's poor stealing skills and a purposeful destructive nature instead of just incompitence. NOTE: I only heard this from someone in the know, but still can't prove or disprove it. I happen to believe it, but that is me. It tends to follow the line of the story that I believe. Those of you that believe Barry to be the victim here will, of course, not believe this and that is fine too.

But, the short answer to the question above, absurd as I think it is from a reality standpoint, is that JJ considered Barry a friend and trusted him. Sometimes, that makes us do really stupid things.

Chris

Just passing thru....
But if Barry is such a screwup...then Salvo should be going out of business real soon now...you can get back to me when it does...:D

I really don't expect to hear from you...:D

Yeah, he's such a screwup.

Barry is the reason the Proteus and Helios lights sucked so much and no one bought them.. obviously he took his "screwup" ways to "screwing up everything he touches" at Salvo.

OK y'all,

This has been moved to the Water Cooler (great suggestion) as corporate antics are NOT diving related. I also removed a few more insults (and references to those insults). MOST of you have been civil, and I applaud your restraint. As it has been noted for the most part, this has been a civil, though SPIRITED, discussion.

We love controversey here on ScubaBoard, but we do NOT allow flames. As someone most aptly pointed out there are three sides to every story. Well, they are WRONG: so far I see 160 sides to this story.

At least two manufacturer's representatives have made their first post in this thread. Hopefully, you will stay and contribute in our gear areas. I have given you access to the Business2Business forum area and have identified you as manufacturers. We would love to hear from you in our Manufacturer's Q&A area.

The real value of ScubaBoard is not in the airing of corporate linens, but in the immediate feedback from our users about what they like and dislike about your products. As most can see from this thread, we really don't care a widget about corporate politics, but we are PASSIONATE about the gear we dive.

Now in the interest of SANITY I declare this thread CLOSED. If there are any comments that seem to be overly inflammatory, please PM me or any staff member and we will investigate them. This is true of any thread on this board. Let's keep it friendly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom