San Carlos The report post Gloria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whats the difference between Baja and Sea of Cortez? I meant Sea of Cortez. Something has always made me feel drawn to it. Now that my camper just got totaled (amazing what a tire blow out can do!) and it looks like I'm stuck with it since it is salvage, I think I'll fix it up and find a good beach to park it on once I get done with my two year residency, starting in July. We are seriously looking at the mountains around Tuscon.

Sounds like a packed trip, I'm envious ('cept for the man o' war).

Up here in Canada, we usually drink beer while frying the back bacon for breakfast. This is of course after we've gone out to get the eggs from under the chickens. At least some of the places/events I've attended involved this and other nefarious activities.....

I get my eggs from the gunieas and the bacon comes from the next door neighbor's FFA hog. But I haven't drank beer at 7AM,yet. Than again, haven't taken this bus to Mexico yet so that may still change. I think mimosas or bloody margaritas just have a better sound at 7AM.

Wait a second eggs come from under chickens? I would drink beer that early also.

Tracy ,,,, The Sea of Cortz is the body of water that seperates the mainland of Mexico from the penninsula that sticks out below (baja) San Diego. The Baja Penninsula is made up of two Mexican States, Baja and Baja Sur. Which ever side you go in from you're in the Sea of Cortez until you get to Mazatlan. Unless of course unless you go west from the Baja into the Pacific Ocean. South of Mazatlan you are in the Pacific. To dive from Baja you might start in San Fellipe, Loreto, La Paz the East Cape or Los Cabos. From Los Cabos you are probably in the Pacific.

You'll love Tucson ,,,,, enough don O

Thanks, looking forward to the trip. If we just drove down to San Carlos and stayed at club med are there dive shops in the area? About what do they charge for two and three tank dives? Are there any other all inclusives? We really enjoyed our all inclusive trip in Cozumel. Otherwise, plan to see if we can arrange a trip with the Desert Divers. Only other thing to find is a local foxhunting club in the area, can't live without my adrenaline rush!

hello

I would recomend if you want to drive is go with Desert divers
I believe that to be the best non all inclusive solution, Club Med closes at the end of the month. With desert Divers You get a place to stay and room on the dive boat with upto 7 dives, for less than you could get locally alone.
enjoy

We weren't often awake at 7 AM - but in college we had a saying about drinking anytime during the day...

"It's 5:00 somewhere!"

The desert divers trip doesn't work into my schedule very well. Are there some good dive boats down there and where is a good place to stay? Do you know any condos?

Beer for Breakfast. I remember doing that. But it was just before going to bed, not just after waking up. I finished my lifetime supply of that a long time ago.

Anyway, just to split hairs, the Gulf of California (or more romantically, the Sea of Cortes) is actually considered to extend all the way down to Cabo Corrientes by Mexican oceanographers. That's all the way down by Puerta Vallarta in Jalisco state. Of course, that's just a geographer's detail and nobody really believes it in the real world.

Another great trip to put on the wish list is the Islas Revillagigedo, the most popular of which is Isla Socorro. Big animals and lots of them. They prohibit night diving and spear hunting for safety reasons, but you will not regret the trip. You need to plan about a week aboard the boat for this one but it's a great one to do in the winter because it's in the tropical zone and the water is always warm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom