San Carlos The report post Gloria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't get to go diving and it will be a long time until I do. Was in a car accident in Phoenix and fractured C-7. Just when I was almost as good as new from my neck surgery. Now, 12 weeks in a brace and probably more surgery in March, than probably 12 more weeks in this horrible torture brace made of metal that goes all the way to my navel. This is soo much worse than my surgery, at least than I could snorkel while recovering.
Now no swimming until I'm out of this horrid thing. When I get well I am going on a megadive somewhere, that's all there is to it!!;-0

Oh wow!! You need to check on your karma. It sounds like you have had enough trauma for anyone's lifetime. Your poor C7 (and everthing distal). I guess the best I can do is think positive thoughts and prayers for you. Good luck, and stay out of cars. They can be really dangerous.

Thanks, I just need to stay underwater, much safer!I'm bugging my surgeon to let me snorkel. I think the fact he hasn't answered my email for a week is means he doesn't approve!

I hope that the driver was not from around the valley.

I know now of condos in San Carlos and you might have to settle for the hot tub for now.

the Ocean willl still be here heal fast as mid summer San Carlos's viz goes into the 100 foot range

wish you well

The driver was from Phoenix. I think though my husband was trying to get my life insurance! Actually, he's been wonderful, driving me to and from Ft Sill to walk everyday and doing everything for me and my horses. I'm aiming for a conference in Tucson in May but if I need surgery I won't be able to go. If I am able to go nothing is going to keep me out of 100ft vis water!! Even if I can only snorkel I am going. But if I'm out of this brace by than I am getting wet no matter what!:doctor: :eek:ut:

Fishkiller
Thats crazy. I was in San Carlos the same weekend on a dive trip. Seal Island was great!. Had about 75' vis and the Seals were very active with us. We dove at the Aquarium and Tres Madres on our last day and the vis was horrible. I would say about 15'. The jellies at Tres Madres really jacked me up. I was quite swollen that evening. I was wearing a shorty and my arms and legs were what got hit. Our DM said it was mainly the Hurricane that had made they jelly problem so bad. Im going down on a trip on 6/28-6/30. I can't wait. Did you guys have any issues getting across the border? My wife and I sat on the border for 4 hours and made it across 25 min before the border was closed. May have had to something to do with the fact that the US had started to bomb Afganistan that weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom