Sandisk Ultra for GoPro Hero 3 Black ... ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get the Samsung 64GB card: Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics 64GB Pro microSDXC Extreme Speed (UHS-1) Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MGCGB/AM): Computers & Accessories
This card WILL utilize the GoPro's highest bitrate with Protune and with no problems at all. GoPro's last firmware version throttles San Disk cards to lower the bitrate to avoid issues.

The Samsung is cheaper than the SanDisk extreme and performs optimally with the Hero3 BE even though the extreme technically could pull it off GoPro decided to neuter it.

EL Pistoffo hit the nail on the head. Even the recommended SanDisk Extreme is throttled back to 35MB/s rather than the 45MB/s you will get from either the Lexar, Delkin or Samsung cards. My only advice is buy from a reputable reseller; there are so many fake cards out there, especially on Ebay and Amazon.

Thanx to everybody for their input. I had my GoPro Hero 3 Black lost/stolen over the weekend ... :-( I called GoPro today and ordered myself a Hero 3+ Black edition. I had to borrow the money ... !!! ... I asked their technical support about recommended memory cards, and they did say that the Sandisk Ultra is NO GOOD on certain settings. I told them that they recommended the ULTRA to me when I bought the Hero 3 Black when it first came out. They said they were not aware of the issues which would follow. They said only use EXTREME cards in the Hero 3 and Hero 3+.

They said something about the MB/s being reduced on the Ultra cards, and that explains the jerkyness when recording in 2.7k. I should receive it by the weekend ... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom