Sandwiching two Dive Rite Rec wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unknowndiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Interested to see any opinions on this.

Bought a second hand Trans Pac with Rec Wing a few years ago. Obtained a Dive Rite back plate recenltly. I use the Rec Wing with b/p and single tank for u/w photography, and would like to keep my gear bag as light as possible.

Will be diving twin aluminum 80's (12ls) and single side slung tank.

You do not want to be using two wings on the same rig on the same dive. Plus the cost of getting a new single wing vs. a new doubles wing is small.

If you try to make one wing do both the job of singles and doubles, it will likely do both in a mediocre manner.

mer:
The cost of getting a new single wing vs. a new doubles wing is small.

If you try to make one wing do both the job of singles and doubles, it will likely do both in a mediocre manner.

Gotcha. Thanks for that. This is the advise I need. Working on crusie ships means that i have limited room. I have access to regular jacket style BCs. Can use those for puttering around and go the whole hog on the wing...

I can't even begin to imagine how you would manage 2 LP inflator hoses and 2 B/C deflator hoses coming off the same side. And unless you're going to be using an "H" valve the hose configurations would be a nightmare!!! How would you know which B/C to deflate the most???

Don't do it.

The Kraken:
I can't even begin to imagine how you would manage 2 LP inflator hoses and 2 B/C deflator hoses coming off the same side. Don't do it.

I would have mounted the back up... backwards...

Mounting two RecWings together is possible, but you would have to remove the tension cords to allow the wings to lay flatter. This sort of thing was done prior to the invention of double-bladder wings (see page 235 in Mount and Gilliam's "Mixed Gas Diving").

unknowndiver:
Interested to see any opinions on this.

Bought a second hand Trans Pac with Rec Wing a few years ago. Obtained a Dive Rite back plate recenltly. I use the Rec Wing with b/p and single tank for u/w photography, and would like to keep my gear bag as light as possible.

Will be diving twin aluminum 80's (12ls) and single side slung tank.

The diverite recwing has something like 23 kg of lift and it will fit a twin-80 just fine.

R..

As Diver0001 said...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom