Santi heated vest - review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LM comes with bare wires and anderson connectors internally. I assume the GG is similar except it looks like it has the eo cord attached to the port. The external connector on the LM is just a 90 degree connector for your eo cord from the battery to connect to. I would think the GG cord would be irritating when it is not being used.

TSandM, is there a shop in your neck of the woods that carries everything needed? I'd prefer the full undersuit but I imagine the connectors for the vest and undersuit would be interchangable. I don't know of any local B.C. stores that sell these.

Scott Christopher at Sound Aquatics carries the vests and ports, and he's a LM dealer, so if you don't have a canister and battery, you can get one through them.

The SANTI bulkheads have a 4" of E/O cable coming out the side of the bulkhead. The rational behind that extension is two fold:

1)Less stress on the bulkhead/connection when trying to plug in the E/O cord
2)Easier to find when trying to plug in, especially U/W

The internal connection on all SANTI bulkheads are already fitted with the mate to the SANTI vest connection. No need to cut, solder and shrink wrap.

Who's coming to the Tacoma Show?

Team OceanEdge Outfitters

I really haven't had any problems connecting the E/O cord from the canister to the LM port. It's pretty easy to do. I haven't had to do it underwater, because I do a buddy check to make sure everything is hooked up before I get in the water. (And the captain of the boat yesterday spotted the unhooked cord before we even got to the buddy check!)

As if I weren't already utterly enthralled with the vest, I had an experience yesterday that cemented my opinion. This was my first day of boat diving with it. I did the first dive, which was 63 minutes in 45 degree water. I turned the vest on, as rather usual, at 39 minutes, and I was okay all the way to the end of the dive. But standing on the boat for an hour in my wet dry suit (and making the mistake of not having someone go below and get my hat) I definitely got colder, and I was worried, at the beginning of the second dive, that it wasn't going to go well. In fact, 20 minutes into the dive, I began to shiver. This would normally be cause to call the dive pretty quickly, but instead, I reached back and switched on the vest. Shivering persisted, mildly, for about ten minutes, but steadily decreased . . . and after about ten minutes, I didn't shiver at all! Not only had I stopped the loss of body heat, I'd reversed it. When I got out of the water, at about 64 minutes, I WAS NOT COLD.

All I want for my birthday is a bigger battery.

anybody tried YelloDiving heated vest. I hear they are cheaper then Santi, but as durable and drain less battery power.
i'm looking for feedback.. anybody?
http://yellowdiving.pl/???

Have a link for "the SiTech dry suit inflator valves with the power port-E/O connector built in"? You mention only spending $150 on these. Everything I see from SANTI is way more than that. At this point, it's only the suit penetrator costs that keep me from getting one of these (the vests are reasonable and we have a spare canister with E/O connectors).

Here you go, cheap, reliable and available inflator with E/O connector without a price that require to sell one kidney: Lola.cz - Potpsk vybaven

Last edited:
Sorry to do a thread hijack, but what's wrong with using a motorcycle heated vest?

12V vs 7.x volts shouldn't be a terrible problem (and less current would allow thinner wire), they certainly seem much less expensive.

I've been using a heated vest for several years and don't even get in the water these days without it. I thought I would only use if for the cold ocean dives, but find that on a 1-2 hour deco in the caves the heater makes life nicer. Probably the biggest thing is that the vest keeps me from getting so cold that I no longer cut out some of my deco time just to stop shaking and get out of the water.

Anyway, been using the Golem Gear version - Q-Vest - Drysuit Heating system It comes with 3 different heat settings that you control from the battery canister. Here's how I have my battery mounted on my back plate:

Tanks Mounted on Backplate.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom