Santi Heated vest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiteHedded

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got my heated vest in the mail. I got it from ocean edge outfitters. really helpful guys and quick shipping.

I realized when I was doing my research on this that there exist basically no good pictures of this thing in the wild.
so here are a bunch of pics for those of you thinking about buying one. my initial impressions are that it is awesome :)

l8EpLl.jpg

here are the connectors it comes with. they look pretty solid:

V2NDFl.jpg

back view:
Z3fG1l.jpg

open showing the inside. kinda blurry:
R1KMbl.jpg

and one for size. this is my 13.5ah halcyon can and 10ah salvo can that I'll be using with it:
yzgCYl.jpg

Two of my dive buddies who dive in the northeast brought the Santi heated vest last year and swear by it. They dive in 40'ish water temps with no issues.

I, too, have had great help from Ocean Edge Outfitters and they have always been quick with their shipping.

Enjoy your new heated vest.

I had very briefly the opportunity to try the Santi heated vest. It made a great 1st impression. Fit me well, seemed well made. Little refinements makes me think it will hold up. Super warm in the water.

I would like to see the ability to adjust temperature setting - I've found that a *very* useful feature in heated gear for motorcycling. But there are ways around that.

The sticker shock though ... yikes. Especially if you also have to go buy another battery can.

the vest itself isn't expensive. but the whole funtional unit is quite spendy

the vest itself isn't expensive. but the whole funtional unit is quite spendy

I guess you can save some $$$ by using a PVC housing and cheap lead acid batteries, but then you have to carry the darn things :-/

yea I dunno how much you'd actually save in the long run
you'd have to balance that vs the headache of building the thing. you still need to get a lid made, etc.

Lid, switch, E/O cord, bulkheads. its a full production.

Lid, switch, E/O cord, bulkheads. its a full production.

Or go to one of the dive shop garage sales and buy one of the really old light cannisters. Two 7 Ah batteries can be had for under $40. Rig it up and leave it with the 70 bottle (support can move it :wink: ). I just setup mine using my first cannister which will provide heat for over 3 hours.

Keith

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom