Sanur/Kuta dive operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arturo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi here:

I will be staying in the Sanur/Kuta area in Bali, from July 24th to 29th. I intend to dive Nusa Penida (hoping for the mola molas) and Tepekong&Mimpang at Padang Bai.

So far I have identified three possible dive operators that do daily trips to these sites: Air Diving Academy, Aquamarine and Bali Scuba, but have no references about them, other that their web sites.

I would greatly appeciate receiving any comments from people that have used their services as well as orientation about the dive sites.

Arturo

I've dove with AquaMarine the past 4 yrs & have received excellent service from the staff & dive guides. All are very professional. They have a new dive boat for the offshore sites.

You might also consider staying out on Nusa Lembongan for a few nights, which would put you closer to the dive sites (World Diving used to be good). I did my nitrox with Bali Scuba, they have a good reputation as well.

Jclink and Nemo: Thanks for your evaluations. I´ll contact these operators and listen to what they offer.

I am deciding between the two same operators...Hopefully, you can share any info you get. Also, I dont leave till a week after you get back, so make sure you write a trip report!

Bali Scuba is a good operation. My husband just did his AOW with them. We have a place in Seminyak, and they happily picked him up (even though he could have gotten himself over there himself) for no charge (which is typical of most dive operations on the island).

I can vouch for Air DA, i have dived NP with them several times and their instructors/guides are excellent.

Prastiyono and Sabra are excellent guides and know NP like the back of their hand; the outfit has a good boat aswell.

MM are usually in Bali from August until maybe November, so i don't know about your chances.

Thanks for the info about Air DA. I will consider them also. Trouble with Bali Scuba and Aquamarine is that, after the first interchange, mails directed to both of them keep bouncing back.

Of course I will post a short report with my experience diving those sites around Bali, but I will not be back home until the first week in August. After Bali I'll spend sometime around Cairns and Sydney.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom