Sartek 660 lumen ??? help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthernShrinkage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Help still looking for a high quality non canister/rechargeable handheld for travel...

Curious if anyone has any experience with this light and also if there are any options for handmounts ie lightsock or modify a goodman handle.

Also cant find the exact specs but im guessing its twist activated opposed to a magnetic swith or other on off method ??

was previously looking at a dive rite led 700 or a mb sub 800....A little leary on the dive rite and dont seem to be able to get the mb sub anytime soon.

Have never used a Sartek but from research they look like good quality well reviewed with good customer service....Which has swayed my choice

Sartek Industries Product Details

Thx for the help

was previously looking at a dive rite led 700 or a mb sub 800....A little leary on the dive rite and dont seem to be able to get the mb sub anytime soon.

Have never used a Sartek but from research they look like good quality well reviewed with good customer service....Which has swayed my choice

Sartek Industries Product Details

Thx for the help

Hi,

you can ask to Indian Valley Scuba, they will receive the X1-800 in 2-3 days.

Michael

Here are some great light options that fall into the category that you are looking for!!

Check out the latest lights from Light & Motion!!

SOLA 500
Light & Motion Sola 500 *Buy Light and Motion at DIVESEEKERS.COM 888-SCUBA-47

SOLA 600
Light & Motion Sola 600 *Buy Light and Motion at DIVESEEKERS.COM 888-SCUBA-47

SOLA 1200
Light & Motion Sola 1200 *Buy Light and Motion at DIVESEEKERS.COM 888-SCUBA-47

These lights are pretty Awesome and are especially going to be Great for Travel!!
1. Light in Weight
2. Small Compact/Streamlined
3. Rechargeable
4. Super Bright
5. Hands Free

** Just had a person in the pool at our shop comparing it to her 15w HID and she felt that the Sola 500 was close, Sola 600 was equivalent and that the 1200 was brighter!

** Sola 600 & 1200 is Dual Purpose! Spot for Night or Flood for Photography or Video!

The Sartek light is actually really nice, If you are not getting the canister version I believe it is twist to activate. I have the Dive Rite LED 700 and it is great until the batteries start to degrade, which happens rather quickly. I am more than likely going to go for the canister version for the Sartek light. I have seen the MB Sub light as well and it is great, but when Sartek is located only 30 minutes from my house I would go with them.

I own an mb-sub light, an x1-vb, an awesome light, and can attest to its build quality based on that and the great service received from Michael would thoroughly recommend one of his lights. When funds permit will definitely purchase the x1-800.

Help still looking for a high quality non canister/rechargeable handheld for travel...

Check out the latest lights from Light & Motion!!

These lights are pretty Awesome and are especially going to be Great for Travel!!
1. Light in Weight
2. Small Compact/Streamlined
3. Rechargeable
4. Super Bright
5. Hands Free

The L&M Sola has potential to be a "game changer" in my mind...

LAM-850-0144-2.jpg

I was in Wayne's shop the other night when folks were drooling over this light. Several people took it out into the parking lot with a sampling of can lights for comparison... all came back in exclaiming "Oh my God..."

Had a chance to play with it myself, and - assuming I can drop enough hints with my wife in the next few weeks - this light will be making it's way under my Christmas tree this year.

I have the 660C light with the canister adapter and Goodman handle. What this lets you do is to use the light as a standard hand held flashlight, much like a MAG Light, or as a belt mounted canister with the light head on the Goodman. The “Canister” is the aluminum part of the flash light that holds the 3 C-cells. Converting between the flash light and canister configurations takes less then a minute.

The light is a twist on and with heavy weight gloves on the durlin head can be hard to get a good grip on so I put a rubber band made from a bike inner tube on it and don’t have any problems turning it on or off. Bare handed there are no problems at all.

The main reason I went with this light is to not have to deal with a charger for a custom battery pack, I have enough of those between the cameras, ipod, cell phone, and laptop.

The 3 C-cells should last you all the way through a weeks diving in the islands or up to 4-5 hours continuous burn time. Stuffing another 3 c-cells in a bag is easy or getting them should be no problem just about any where in the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom