Sartek lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the great replies guys. Of course you complicated my decision now with other suggestions,LOL. I will look at some of the other lights. I do like the SALVO and OMS. I am not too happy with OMS right now as I have had one of their backplate pouches on back order for five months now. Their light looks good, but I'm afraid if I ordered it I wouldn't see it for another year!!! The Salvo looks good too, but it also looks bigger than the Sartek and costs more. I was hoping someone had owned both and would give me a comparison on the two. Thanks again.

I am looking at a sartek and was curious (been meaning to call and ask) if the photo of the 10w head is actually the focusable head!?!? if so that thing is awsome! Very small, compact and it looks like the bulb is protected like in a fixed focus head... I have never used one but I am not a fan of the big reflector found on most focusable heads.

Mr. Bubble:
No OMS fans out there? The newer 10wt is pretty nice I think, and the other back up light as well. Of coarse I don't own one, so I don't know how well it will hold up, but it looks really well made. Like all of their stuff.

I have an older OMS 10W HID - bought 4 years ago. I like the head (w/ switch) but not impressed with the battery canister. No problems with it but think it could be smaller or at least narrower. And something about the PVC.... makes me think I paid too much for it. Don't get me wrong, not a bad buy then but looking at what's out there today, I'd end up with a Green Force or Custom Diver light.

I have an older 10W Sartek that has a focusable head and I like it a lot. Had one problem -- originally the bulb was a little offset such that the reflector rested against it. I barely tapped it once and it shattered the bulb. Sartek replaced the bulb for free and fixed the problem so the bulb no longer touched the reflector.

If you buy a HID, spring and buy a replacement bulb for it. Expensive, but in the grand scheme of things, cheap insurance.

I'd recommend the Sartek. There are a lot of other good lights out there too; I just have direct experience with the Sartek.

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom