Satisfying your needs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@offfi
What Nemo 33 rules did you find ridiculous? I have been there a few times, most recently last saturday night.

Here are the rules based on actual diving there:
1. Show up, show cert card, sign-in and pay.
2. Must use a dive computer...your own or rent one of theirs.
3. Bring your own mask. All other necessary gear is provided (fins, BC, regs) so as not to contaminate the water. There is no need for weights as the steel tanks with no neoprene suit will have you negatively buoyant.
4. Bring your own bathing suit...no need for anything else as the water is between 32 and 34 degrees C.
5. Shower before leaving the locker room on the way up to the pool deck.
6. Must dive with a buddy...if you happen to be alone just link up with folk who are diving...the staff don't question who is diving with who.
7. first 5-10 minutes of the session you can chill out or do some apnea work down to 10 meters. They expect at least one person in the buddy team is watching you from the surface, for safety, while the other(s) descend on apnea.
8. After the first 10 minutes they ring a bell to signal that you can grab a BC, tank, and reg set to assemble and then enter the pool on SCUBA.
9. It is up to the groups of individuals diving to conduct their own dive brief and buddy check.
10. Put on your gear and dive.
11. The only limitation is that if you are not advance open water qualified they ask that you limit yourself to roughly 18 meters...but there is no one in the pool to enforce this, so it is up to the individual to self regulate.
12. At 5 minutes or so to go they flash the lights indicating its time to head up to safety stop depth. At the top of the hour they expect you to be exiting the pool.

Other than don't s#*t in the pool, must wear a bathing suit, and must be certified to dive there, I can't think of any rules that they are enforcing that make it encumbering to dive there.

The only down side of Nemo 33 is the price...€25/dive session is a bit steep to do often and it loses its novelty after the first time you time dive there.

I would never recommend travelling to Belgium specifically to visit Nemo, but if in the greater Bruxelles area it is a good target of opportunity for divers.

The club I am a member of does a dive and dine there once a year. For me, it was an opportunity to do something fun with one of my daughters while my wife and other daughter attended another event...but for us it is only 40 minutes (+/-) away.

I didnt see anything too absurd for the rules either. I would hope that weights are available, because even with steel I may not be negative.

I'm tired and already in bed, so I don't care reading them all again.
One I remember is, that professional camera equipment (as soon as there is an external strobe) is prohibited.
Just an example.

I might be wrong altogether.
Too many rules just put me off, generally speaking.
Didn't mean to upset anyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom