Say goodbye to Paradise reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Well can't stop progress eh. I'll bet that once the new marina is built Paradise reef won't last too long after. Can't see it staying healthy there.:shakehead:

No joke, link? Details?

Care to elaborate? Or should we all just panic now?

Last edited:
I've been watching the progress here daily. From what I know, the entrance to the new marina will basically be at the entrance to the existing Caleta ( like a Y .... go left for new marina, go straight for Caletta) . About the only thing that will definately be affected will be the shore access to Paradise Reef that is currently there and will be shut off soon due to the channel that will be opened up at the corner. They are digging the final link now.
( The new marina is full of water now). It will be interesting if there will be a new shore dive location with access for vehicles at paradise.. It is a good spot for open water training dives. Personally , I just don't see that much more traffic going through there and if there is, it will be at the entrance. The biggest problem will be when the channel opens up and water transfers.... maybe they have it figured out so as not to have a mess coming out into the reef.

"Channel opens up and water transfers". Anyone knows what that means?

They are digging a channel from the new marina to the entrance of the old Caletta. Right now there is a lot of water in the new marina. Once the channel is opened
( old water from new marina meets ocean) there may be some sediments being washed out onto the reef? After talking to a few people today it is still months away. If you know where the boats can get fuel at the caletta, the new opening will be right behind that. There will be no beach access to Paradise Reef as there is now.

Back
Top Bottom