SB INVADES THE KEYS... July 14-16, 2006!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
Bart, this is the first time I've ever heard of a "Wiki". The fact that anyone can edit what I've written is what will keep me from ever posting anything there. ...

Walter, show us on the doll where the nasty Editor touched you :eyebrow:

I guess I'm like you about Wiki World. Maybe I'm looking at it from my own fossilized perspective. Imagine how much fun one could have aggressively correcting all the others.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I can post information that disagrees with someone without changing their words. I have no right to change what someone else has written.

Walter:
I have no idea what you are talking about.

I can post information that disagrees with someone without changing their words. I have no right to change what someone else has written.

You do in Wiki World, and that's the point of it.

Also, Editors have always had that right. I'm just accustomed now to the world of forum posting, where writer takes the role of publisher, and is only edited if they break protocol. Just a few years ago, that seemed to me a disturbing concept.

Wiki is not trying to publish your words. It is trying to create a single text from multiple sources and diverse perspectives. It's most like an interactive encyclopedia. Perhaps a disturbing thing about it is that there is no direct relationship or contract between Editors and Authors. But if I don't see it as MY WORDS then I have much less disagreement with it.

Still, I don't Wiki either. Conventional wisdom is odiferous enough, without such automation.

Does it prevent people from hijacking threads ?

SFLDiver:

Of course not, you can start a thread about diving and I can come behind you and edited it so there's not a single word about diving in it. OTOH, this thread is actually about recruiting people to attend a trip that has already taken place. There's no reason not to hijack it.

michaelb51:
You do in Wiki World, and that's the point of it.

Which is the reason I won't participate in the asinine concept.

SFLDiver:

:lol:

So did you enjoy your weekend in the Keys? Didn't you and Mardie have an extended swim after the Conch Wall dive like Ron and I did?

Marc

beautiful picture!

Haarrr Maties.....perhaps I had too much o' the pirate grog but I canna member the names o' the two love birds. Me thinks they was hitched, but I don't know if it was to each other...

---Bob

46InvadeTheKeys2006.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom