Scariest Movie Ever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

American Werewolf in London.

I watched it when I was about 10 - and it still scares me 25 years later! You can't get off the underground at Tottenham Court Road without having a quick look up the tunnel to see if you're about to get eaten!

I think there were several versions of Chiller Theater. The one we had here in Pittsburgh was hosted by a local TV celeb named Bill Cardille (Chilly Billy), They showed 2 movies and had skits during the breaks. I used to have a crush on "Terminal Stare".:blinking:

She was HOT! I used to go to my grandparents on the weekends. My mom was glad to get me out of the house! But she also would not let me stay up past 11:30. Hey, I was only 7-9 or so. But my grandparents were both hard of hearing, or so they said. I think it was selective:cool2:, but they would let me stay up till the flight poem and national anthem came on. No 24 hour tv in those days. I watched chiller every week, both movies and went to bed scared shiiteless! Sometimes depending on the movie. Slept with my Daisy BB gun just in case ya know! But as for scary movies- Anything with a Sasquatch or ABSM in it still gives me nightmares and makes me uneasy getting in the car to go to work when it's dark after an experience I had in Zaleski National Forest in Southern Ohio. I was 20 and had been drinking with some buddies on the way to take a leak in Kentucky. Just to say we took a leak in Kentucky. Did some weird things in those days. If anyone wants the full story start scary story thread and I'll post it. But it ended with me pulling my .357mag and threatening to shoot the windows out of the Bronco if we didn't get the hell out of there!

Silence of the Lambs - great psychological thriller, without (for the most part) having to resort to the gore-fest of many modern films these days. The Shining was a good one, too.

Last edited:
On the "Gore fest" point, I want to give an honorary mention to Vacancy, which is one of the edgier horror films containing virtually no gore that I have ever seen.

How about 'The Descent'?

It's fantastic to see a film when you don't know anything about it - whether it's a thriller, horror, has supernatural beings, aliens, or whatever. That way things come as a genuine surprise.

Never was keen on caving, think I'll give it a miss...

On the "Gore fest" point, I want to give an honorary mention to Vacancy, which is one of the edgier horror films containing virtually no gore that I have ever seen.

I'll have to check it out. I just can't stomach movies like the Saw series or Hostel. I perform surgery on animals regularly but still can't watch those.

Vacancy is good...you'll never look at your hotel room the same...

Hmm this might be kind of lame but Event Horizon scared me the most out of any movie I have seen. Generally after watching a movie a few times I will get desensitised and no longer get freaked out but that STILL freaks me out. I dunno why I keep watching it to be honest... :rofl3:

Hmm.........Event Horizon. Generally after watching a movie a few times I will get desensitised and no longer get freaked out but that STILL freaks me out. I dunno why I keep watching it to be honest... :rofl3:

EXACTLY!!!!!

That was another one of those movies where I was expecting one thing (cool Sci-Fi) and got something else entirely (gore-fest). For some mysterious reason, every time it comes on cable, I click and stick to the end.

I wonder if there's some kind of subliminal hypnotic message that keeps me there even though I want to be somewhere else. Nah, probably nothing. Oh darn, look at the time. I'm late. I have to go poke a needle in my eyes.

EXACTLY!!!!!

That was another one of those movies where I was expecting one thing (cool Sci-Fi) and got something else entirely (gore-fest). For some mysterious reason, every time it comes on cable, I click and stick to the end.

I wonder if there's some kind of subliminal hypnotic message that keeps me there even though I want to be somewhere else. Nah, probably nothing. Oh darn, look at the time. I'm late. I have to go poke a needle in my eyes.

:rofl3::rofl3:

I want to go watch it now. I think you're on to something with the hypnotic message... Actually I think I keep watching it as one day I hope to stop being scared by it :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom