scba to scuba adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

11x

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
i am in need of a adapter to go from scba to scuba tanks. i am going to buy it and then donate it to the local fire department. it can be used as long as it is not junk. would be nice to have one configured to do din and yoke valves but yoke style would be good enough for now. thanks

I guess you want an equalizer hose from SCBA to SCUBA. I don't know what brand SCBA you use, but it might be impossible to find a stock item that meets your needs. We have used them in the past, but since neither Draeger or Scott make them, we had to have them custom made. They really are not very practical because of the volume/pressure differences. The SCBA bottles we use are 65 cu. ft.@ 4500psi, so you couldn't completely fill a 80 cu. ft. SCUBA tank unless you are using a cascade system. Going the other way, you wouldn't have the pressure to fill a SCBA bottle from a SCUBA tank. The best you can do is get the tanks to equalize if you are transfilling.
Your best bet would be to get a ready made SCUBA whip, and have a hydraulic shop add the proprietary SCBA filler and guage and relief valve.
Doug,

there is a adapter out there to go from the scba compresser to the scuba yoke. one fd up the road has one but i want one for the closer fd in my hometown. it goes on the end of the scba fill whip to convert it to fill scuba tanks

thanks, i was looking to find a good used one or a less than new priced one. this is going to be a donation to the fd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom