Scooping the crotch strap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyDuck:
option #3 is the buddy whine - 'would you get my crotch strap? please? pretty please?'

Are you currently accepting applications for dive buddies? LOL!!

BabyDuck:
funny, nobody i've asked has minded.

ROFL :D

The leaning forward thing works if I'm standing. If I have a place to sit & gear up, I simply lay the crotch strap out and sit on it. It's then within easy reach after I worm into my harness. Piece of cake

BabyDuck:

My wife might have, if she had been there! :)

Mark Vlahos

Uncle Pug:
Maybe you crotch strap is a bit short. It doesn't need to be tight in use. You should be able to just bend forward, reach between your legs and grab it... unless you have a back problem or a big belly that keeps you from bending over, or a big rear that puts the strap further astern, or short arms or some other physical limitation.

I was wondering about the length - what is optimal? I have long back in relation to my arms which are quite long but somewhat 'nuscularly' compromised because of years of one-sided training (I can't say muscle anymore because I haven't actively trained for years). Unfortunately, you hit it right with the other part of your response, I do have a handicap and it's my back (yeah right you can think it's the big butt but I lost my gorgeous butt muscles when my back blew up :wink:.

If I could freely bend around scooping I'd have no problemo. I am flexible enough but it's a no-no for me. I like Mark's idea of little belly dance move and a swing but it might take a while to master it... Slipping the thing on in water would work for me if captain allowed it or if the shore was just sandy beach where no tangling/stumbling hazards.

i like the waist part to hit me low, so i like the crotch strap on the tight side. otherwise it rides up (since, yes, i have hips) and i feel like those little old men with the polyester pants in their armpits. therefore the crotch strap is 'short'. also some slack is taken up by the stroketastic way i have my weights (previously my ankle weights, now all i need for fresh) threaded through the loop in the back...

ps - thanks, guys. you're good for the ego! :10:

BabyDuck:
i grab it in back, flick it to the front, and try to clench it with my legs. option #2 is to sit on it in position & just attach it. option #3 is the buddy whine - 'would you get my crotch strap? please? pretty please?'

you mean clenching it like "I gotta pee, I gotta pee' -fashion?(#1) Now that might work on flat surfaces. Usually I need to stand like a man legs apart to keep my balance after the rig is on but that might be worth remembering.

(Hi Estelle Libya, its' Helga Iraq, done any damage lately?)

piikki:
I was wondering about the length - what is optimal?
It should not be pulling down the waist strap when tightened... and it should not be pulling up on your crotch either... unless you are scootering at high pitch. :D

note: I modified my post so as not to insult those with bad backs, short arms, big bellies and big butts... but unfortunately you quoted the original. ~ Yes, with my super powers I could edit your post too... but... :D

Alternately you could use one of these to reach it:
p05203400hay.jpg

piikki:
you mean clenching it like "I gotta pee, I gotta pee' -fashion?(#1)

exactly! i fling it with my right hand behind my back & try to catch it.

(Hi Estelle Libya, its' Helga Iraq, done any damage lately?)
nah, but i'm planning some for this afternoon! woo hoo! morehead, look out!!

BabyDuck:

I wonder why......... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom