Scooter of your choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master Chief, The last time I flooded a scooter, the motor stayed on. The failure mode for a flooded relay is to stay on, not to cut off, it's also why you need a slippable clutch. Since you're such a big fan of ride-ons you should take a look at the predators. They too have begun to embrace the tow behind philosophy but still make the ride-ons for those who don't need to run a reels or do things with their other hand. swimndive

Master Chief once bubbled...
Hi

Both the Gavin and Emmersion type DPV veicles are MAKO ideas taken disembowled than thrown out into the market again but marketed as some one elses innovation. The Gavin and Emmersion have circuit boards as well, there is an amp regulator relay and motor voltage regulator found in both to control the power to the Cheap security window reed switch and for motor power regulation, so if it floods it stops and its just hidden in a little black box. I guess I could reinvent the wheel to if i just went around and stole every one elses ideas and came out with a new type of michelin. I just can,t get into a DPV thats PVC welded togethor, but still I like the look. I once had a Aquazepp it was a great scooter but they have gone the way doedoe bird.

Master Chief

New Farallon photo attached

You asked for opinions and suggestions. Every single person who responded said to skop the Farallon and go with a Gavin (or one one that looks just like a Gavin).

Why are you so vigorously defending Farallon? Do you already own one?

Master Chief once bubbled...
New Farallon photo attached
Is that your Farallon in the picture?
Are you a Farallon rep or salesman?
Why do you keep calling it an Emmersion like Doug?

The picture is of the all new Farallon scotter that came out this week an presented at Dema. I never referd to it as a Emmersion, that would be lowering its quality.

Master Chief

We know that you attended DEMA and seem to know the Farallon inside and out... as well as having an opinion on Gavins and Emmersion (Silent Submersion.)

And of course you didn't call the Farallon and Emmersion... :D

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Is that your Farallon in the picture?
Are you a Farallon rep or salesman?
Why do you keep calling it an Emmersion like Doug?

PUG
I reffer to the Silent Emerrsion because i reffered to a scooter that i saw in cave country and Roak siad that it was the Silent Emmersion that I was reffering to.

http://www.silent-submersion.com/

I am not saying anything about it except that it was the one everybody was looking to get when i was down there, thats why i brought it up.

I know nothing about scooters and i am learning hear from all of you scooter guys

UP dont give him that much credit, he didnt go to DEMA he got all his info from a web article.

Like some one else said the Gavin and the SS when flooded will keep going. The battery housing can be full of water and it will still run and will still shut on and off. If the motor housing floods it will stick in the on position. Flood a Farallon and well your upstream with a dead scooter.

I'm not trying to change your mind just trying to tell you pro's and con's between the 3. . One thing you should do is not form your opinon from a web article http://www.divenewswire.com/ half way down the page is everything word for word what you previously posted, including the picture. Form your opinon from solid info, like riding all 3, take apart all 3, talking to all 3 manufactures and asking them why they think theirs is better then the others. Its a huge purchase and should be researched, because your making a mistake going with a Farallon over the other 2.... Good luck with your purchase

Were the hell does it matter were the information comes from, I put that information up on the board to introduce all of you to the new line of Farallon. I've been diving for 27 years and probably have more scooter rides than all of you under my belt and I've used all the mentioned types of scooters but that doesn't exscuse You for having more incorrect information again. Farallons very seldom flood because of there double seal and bulk head cover which protects the motor compartment, plus the pressurisation of that bulk head keeps any water out if a slight leak would occur in the seal or battery compartment. This is the process taken by that short little Gavin guy who took the idea for his own scooter design and claims as his own.

Master Chief

;-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom