Scooter recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That foam shouldn't really change the buoyancy characteristics much, but it might have been in there for shipping purposes only. It's hard to tell for sure. Was there any sort of "kit" that came with it with plates/lead/etc?

foam is a shipping protection and can come out if you want to. probably isn't going to do anything to buoyancy though

the salt water ballast is the cylinder. You remove it for fresh water with the two knobs but make sure to put the knobs back where they belong otherwise it may be too positive and you'll be liable to lose them.

This is on page 15 of the user manual btw.

http://www.suex.it/manager/dati/Suex Manuals/ADV_XJOY7.pdf

The online manual is bigger than the actual manual that came into the package. I will remove the foam. Regarding the weight for the salt/fresh water, 500 g seems small to balance it...

Doesn't seem that light to me :D
What do you guys this of this GoPro "mount" ? It's a tank strap, drilled a hole in it and i've put the gopro mount thru it...
Any new ideas are much welcomed !

suex4.JPG

be mindful that the metal buckle weighs about .5kg and will alter the trim and buoyancy of the DPV. If you are diving with that in salt water, you will want move the buckle back closer to where that metal trim weight is and remove the weight so it doesn't become very negative.

What if i put a plastic buckle ?

it would help tremendously, but I don't know the negative buoyancy of the gopro, so it may still impact buoyancy. Not huge though, you can deal with plus or minus .25kg or so pretty easily, but any more than that and it gets annoying. Suex has brilliant buoyancy on all of their units and they just sit wherever you put them in the water column

Great. I will try to find a thin plastic buckle for the gopro. Thanks for the advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom