Scorpio Divers is definitely one of the best dive operators I've ever come across!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbdqsony

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've decided to go to Cancun, Mexico for our 7th anniversary and I knew that Cozumel has the most beautiful reef site to dive at so I looked around for good operators and most of them didn't excited me at all until I came across Scorpio Divers and I decided to contact them and they were the only one that willing take you to many dive site that most diver operators couldn't. Since I am still new with diving lifestyle Scorpio Divers had asked me what I would like to see and I've told them. Next thing they sent me page length of dive sites where they think I would like to dive at and I couldn't even decide on which one after I googled it up all the site was beautiful so I decided to go with 3 dives at Cozumel, Mexico, 2 dives at cancun, was going to dive at cenote but I knew my buoyancy wasn't that great so I cross that out. Jorge had mentioned that he had observed my buoyancy and he said I will do just fine diving at cenote and I had to reject that because I was going on tour that day to chichen itza and I regret for not going to cenote but I'll be back VERY soon!

Also I had asked Jorge for sightseeing and restaurant suggestion... he has good TASTE!

I've dove with several dive operators however I must say Scorpio Divers is definitely one of the best dive operators I've ever come across!

Diving with Scorpio Divers I got- (so you will!)
1. Get picked up from hotel in nice van with A/C
2. My bag was carried for me
3. Provided local delicious lunch
4. Always put smile on my face, never let me get bored
5. they are willing to video record your dives, in HD.
6. Always made sure I'm okay underwater and show me a lot of interesting things include this CUTE baby sea horse!
7. Put smile on ur face as you sit by window departing Cancun thinking of Scorpio Divers treatment and wish I've never left...
8. They do have COOLEST t-shirt! Be sure to get one!

I would strongly recommend Scorpio Divers for any divers planning to explore diving in Mexico!

:goingdown:Many thanks to Jorge for the MOST beautiful dive experience I've ever had on 7/26/10 & 7/27/10- I will be back soon!:goingdown:

!My Cozumel Dive Video!

:yeahbaby:Looking for Dive Op Don't look any further contact Scorpio Divers!:yeahbaby:
Jorge Tapia
Scorpio Divers
Scorpiodivers@gmail.com

Very cool, thanks for sharing your experiences with us!

Did you bring your own gear there? or did you dive with rental equipment?

If you dove with rental equipment, how was their gear? I was wondering since I've heard horror stories of poorly maintained equipment across various dive shops in Mexico as well as other places.

Very cool, thanks for sharing your experiences with us!

Did you bring your own gear there? or did you dive with rental equipment?

If you dove with rental equipment, how was their gear? I was wondering since I've heard horror stories of poorly maintained equipment across various dive shops in Mexico as well as other places.

I just brought my own mask and fins... They provided tanks, BCD, wet suit, and weight... It was in great shape. I smell the air- no funky odor. So I can't complain about that.

Ben and Jorge at Scorpio are a couple of the best. We only dive with them when we are in Cancun. I haven't done the Coz trip with yet, but I have done the Puerto Morales trip (Great Fish taco :D)and a couple of the cancun dives with them over the years.

When I dived with them in March, all the gear I saw looked new and was in good working order. I brought my own gear, but other divers were using Scorpios gear.

I love the van and the concierge service. They really take care of you well. No cattle boat issues, always happy to see you, they make you want to come back. Everyone talks about leaving as friends, These guys really do make you feel like you are a friend.

If you go down again, ask to go to Ben's reef. It was a great dive at 40 to 50 feet after a deep dive. We saw turtles, file fish, 2 types of Morey eels, tons of lobsters and huge schools of fish. It was amazing!

And Yes the T shirts are cool

Great trip report!! Can't go wrong with these guys.

Also, Ben is well aware that people look at the quality of the rental equipment and most of the stuff you normally get is crap. Most of their stuff is fairly up to date and definitely no safety issues with it.

When I go down, my son takes his mask and fins, and rents the rest. I go with everything except a tank, because I dive with a BP.

Better to err on your comfort level with the cenotes. But you MUST do them on the next trip! It's other worldly, especially in the halocline. Glad you had a great trip.

I agree completely. I recently dove with Ben Mooney while on vacation to Cancun. He was an excellent guide. The dives were well organized and the group was small. I received personal attention. I would highly recommend Scorpio divers. I did a two tank dive and a three tank dive. The dives were fantastic including a couple of wrecks and great reef dives.

If you dive with Scorpio you will have a great time

Ben and Jorge do a great job of giving the customer what they want.
We dove with them the first week of Aug 2010, Cancun, Cozumel and
Puerto Morelos.
My Daughter and nephew had a great time diving. My Daughter had
said this was the best dive trip ever.

And yes the fish tacos are very good, I think its in the sauce.

Jim Breslin

I have to second the vote for Scorpio.

Jorge and Ben are both great guys that are passionate about diving and teaching people.

I did 6 dives with them, and will use them any time I'm in the area. I have to say, they bent over backwards to take care of a couple unique curve balls I threw at them.

And they responded to every e-mail I sent within hours - so I was surprised to see that note above.

I can safely say that Scorpio provided me with the best experience I've had diving with any operator.

Finally, their shirts do kick butt. Plan on buying a couple if you go down.

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom