Screwed Ordering Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im not hellbent on anything...im not picking a fight with anyone ..whats the matter kong have i struck a cord with you too?oh well thats the way it goes sometimes.and by the way tadd.i have had a similar experience over a drysuit..not from a manufacturer but from someone who said that the suit would fit me just right ..and it didnt..was i upset?no! disapointed that the person lied..yes..but there was nothing that i could do so i let it go..it wasnt worth getting upset about..sure i lost out on money but thats the way it goes sometimes..live and learn..

snuggle once bubbled...
whats the matter kong have i struck a cord with you too?oh well thats the way it goes sometimes

I have no idea who you are or what I did to you...please just leave me alone.

I tried to get the person you were arguing with and who was attacking you to stop posting to the thread and all you have done is attack me for it.

Quite honestly, you just seem mean...

She looks so innocent and cuddly in her pic...who would have known?

king..i dont see how im being mean to you because im not..i am very easy to get along...and i do apreciate you trying to stop someone for attacking me..if it sounded like i was being mean to you i sincerely apologise..that was not my intent at all.and oring that was very cute lol..where did you manage to find that pic..

snuggle once bubbled...
king..i dont see how im being mean to you because im not..i am very easy to get along...and i do apreciate you trying to stop someone for attacking me..if it sounded like i was being mean to you i sincerely apologise..that was not my intent at all.and oring that was very cute lol..where did you manage to find that pic..

Hey Snaggle, or whatever your name is, this is mainly to you. Since you seem to know everything that transpired between myself and Dan's, and that you think I'm unable to let this EXPENSIVE matter go.

Upon dealing with Dan's dive shop for my dry suit and getting screwed. I spoke today to Mark from www.drysuitrepair.com. I asked him what the inseam was on my supposed shortened dry suit from Dan's. It's funny how so many of you people on here took Dan's side in this matter. Well, anywway, Mark informed me that the inseam on my suit was 38 inches long. That's pretty pathetic especially since Dan and Matt would like you all to believe that for a small price I didn't recieve a custom suit they called it a "SPECIAL EDITION".

I guess a special edition in their eyes means charge the customer more money and lie to them. Remember people I took my measurements and MY inseam is 30 inches. Aside from beating me out of money for that, my dry suit hood still hasn't gotten here. Hmmmm...... Wonder if that will ever show up here. I doubt it.

As far as any recommendations recieved by me from Matt on my first phone call to Dan's. The ONLY advise given by him in regards to a dry suit was this. He told me that he himself would recommend a DUI CNSE any day over any other company's top of the line Trilam suit and any other that they offer. Now that's really funny especially since that suit only comes in stock sizes. It seems to me that it's a good CHOICE on my part to NOT take his so-called EXPERT advise because that suit probably would have fit me even worse, and the CF they caused me would have been worse.

In regards to a statement that Dan himself made about measurements by phone for a custom fit dry suit. He wrote right in his post that HE recommends a customer giving him measurments for a custom fit suit to go to a tailor. That's a nice big laugh too, when I called Bare direct and spoke to their dive manager there named Mike he said that A TAILOR CANNOT PROPERLY MEASURE SOMEONE FOR A DRY SUIT. He told me that in order to be measured PROPERLY for a custom fit dry suit I MUST BE MEASURED BY A PROFESSIONAL AUTHORIZED DEALER TO BE PROPERLY FITTED.

So there you have it folks like I stated from the beginning I was totally SCREWED!!!!

and like some have said.its time to let it go too and my name is snuggle not snaggle..tell me something ..all this ranting and raving you have done..what has it accomplished?nothing at all but make you more upset..you made your point and that should have been the end of it but you continued and continued..cut your loss and go on with your life..i hope that your not always like this when something goes wrong..your going to give yourself a quick visitto the hospital with that high blood pressure that comes with you being so upset..things in life dont always go our way and sometimes..and i must stress SOMETIMES its due to other people and other times it is us who make the mistakes..cut your loss and let it go because if you dont it will only hurt one person and that person being you..enough said already...

I would just like to say that this thread has inspired me to buy my new drysuit through Dan's. So far, they have been extremely helpful and knowledgable. If my experience with them so far is any indication, I'm sure I'll be recommending Dan's shop in the future.

A TAILOR CANNOT PROPERLY MEASURE SOMEONE FOR A DRY SUIT. He told me that in order to be measured PROPERLY for a custom fit dry suit I MUST BE MEASURED BY A PROFESSIONAL AUTHORIZED DEALER TO BE PROPERLY FITTED.

That sounds pretty insane to me. What possible reason could they have for this? Do the "measurements" for their suits somehow differ from the industry standard measurements tailors use?

Does Bare make sure that the "professional authorized dealers" are trained to take measurements? I think that's bull and Bare is feeding you a line.

Point taken

The suit cost was $1400, its alot of money i know that. On the other hand $200 more to get it fixed is a small amount compared to what you have paid. While i dont agree 100% with either of you i do feel DANs should have worked with you.

Andy

I know you may have had a budget and an extra $200 is alot when $1400 was your buget. You know my story, all i can do is offer you membership in the IGOTSCREWEDCLUB.com, after all i am president:)

taat2d once bubbled...
Well, anywway, Mark informed me that the inseam on my suit was 38 inches long. That's pretty pathetic especially since Dan and Matt would like you all to believe that for a small price I didn't recieve a custom suit they called it a "SPECIAL EDITION".

You know none of this would have hapened if you werent so damn short.:D If you were to grow 8 inches taller you would be set and there would be no problem.

Im just messing with you :D

I think 38" is longer than the inseam on my suit and im 6'1". I think they made it longer instead of shorter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom