Screwed Ordering Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I have kept quiet long enough.

To say that Dan's didn't try to resolve the problem is completely wrong. I was in Dan's Dive Shop on April 11 when these phone calls took place. I was in talking with Matt about my divemaster course that he is teaching. Matt told Joey that they would contact Bare and find out what could be done and that they would get back to him within a few days. Well in under 2 hours Matt had received his first call from Bare about this situation. They were calling because Joey had called them and told them that Dan's had lied to him about the suit. I really don't think giving Dan's under 2 hours to resolve the situation could be called reasonable. Within a couple of hours call #2 from Bare had come in. They were wanting to know what was going on because they were getting calls from Joey. Matt told them what had happened with the order and that they were trying to figure out something to keep Joey happy. Bare also expressed concern to Matt about the price. It turns out that while trying to give Joey a good deal on the suit Matt had actually given him the suit below US wholesale.
Now lets go to my suit. I have a DUI TLS350 that was off of DUI's manufacturers clearance area. The suit looked to be the rite size for me except the boots which were a little big. I went into Dan's to have them order the suit. Before Matt sent in the order he measured me to make sure that the suit would actually fit me. His measurements showed that it would be a little large around the chest but would probably be fine since I was ordering the weezle underwear. He did advise me to have the boots replaced because they seemed to him to be a bit to big. I decided to take the suit as is and the order was sent out. I have a year of diving in it now and I wish I had listened to Matt and had the boots changed. It is now back at DUI getting the boots changed because its not fun having your boots fill with air while inside a wreck. If I had listened to Matt I would have saved alot of money.
Now to say that Dan's should cover at least half the repair cost even if it wasn't there fault just to keep the customer happy is not practical. Just to let everyone know the scuba indutry is down if you didn't already know. Shops cannot afford to cover a customers mistakes. 3 shops in the area have closed in the last 6 months and many more are close to closing.
If the suit did measure out at 38" then there was a mistake somewhere but most likely at Bare and not at Dan's or with Joey but since the suit has now been altered there will be no way of getting any money form Bare. Also since the suit has been altered there most likely will no longer be any manufacturers warranty on the suit so I hope you don't have any more problems with it.
As for the hood when being shipped from Canada by ground service once the item leaves the country it can no longer be tracked and would be removed from the system which would explain why it's not showing in the tracking.
I could go on for hours but I have class tonight so I will end by saying no matter what happened on either side I wish you the best diving you could ever imagine and hope you begin to love your suit when you get it back just like I do mine.

Mikey B. Your post pretty much confirmed everything I was speculating about the situation. At this point, I feel zero sympathy for Joey.

mikey

Ok that clears up some questions.

The problem is that Dans and Joey cant make up there minds as to who was at fault to begin with. Only Joey and the people at Dans he talked with know for sure.

Quite frankly i am sick of this thread either way! I dont shop at Dans nor do i even know Joey. I think its pointless talking about it anymore so i will make this my final post to the thread.

Andy

We can speculate until the end of time and thats probably how long it will take to get the complete story.

taat2d,
So how did this end? Was the repair facility you selected helpful with the suit? Were they able to alter it?

Be good to know that for any others out there who might have the need for future repairs, alterations, etc.

Shutdown.jpg

mikey b once bubbled...
Well I have kept quiet long enough.

To say that Dan's didn't try to resolve the problem is completely wrong. I was in Dan's Dive Shop on April 11 when these phone calls took place. I was in talking with Matt about my divemaster course that he is teaching. Matt told Joey that they would contact Bare and find out what could be done and that they would get back to him within a few days.

Anyone with any sort of customer service skills would NEVER tell someone they will get back to them "in a few days". If someone told me that, I would take it as they didnt see the severity in the problem and that they weren't serious about rectifying it. A few hours or "by the end of the day" would have been alot more gratifying.

Geoff

Please . . .

lucid once bubbled...
Shutdown.jpg

Lucid,

I restarted my computer three times before I figured out it was only a picture and it wouldn’t actually work to delete the thread.
:D Thought the thing was locking up.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom