Scribble Series 1st Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was my understanding 2nd stages are supposed to come with service kits as well, as it is one of the main points of Deep6's business model - for owners to have parts on hand in case you need a LDS to service your regulator while on travel.

Maybe @cerich or @LandonL will chime in.

That's my initial understanding as well. I only received one little bag of parts. I'll dig through the shipping box tonight and see if I missed anything. Maybe all the parts are in the single bag? I have no idea what the parts for 1st's or 2nd's look like internally.

I have a handout I now give to my customers about reg care. Shoot me your email and I'll send it to you. SB doesn't seem to let me copy and paste a larger body of text and I'm not going to retype the whole thing.
One note is that soaking doesn't get a reg clean. Soaking loosens stuff up like salt or silt. You need fresh running water like from a garden hose to move the junk away. You also need to work the knobs and levers while rinsing it to make sure you get rid of any trapped particles.

Email sent! Thanks!

I guess I'll be revisiting the final clean of the year...

It was my understanding 2nd stages are supposed to come with service kits as well, as it is one of the main points of Deep6's business model - for owners to have parts on hand in case you need a LDS to service your regulator while on travel.

Maybe @cerich or @LandonL will chime in.

Throughout all the pre purchase reading I did this is what I assumed as well. That both 1st and second stages included first service part kits.

I have a handout I now give to my customers about reg care. Shoot me your email and I'll send it to you. SB doesn't seem to let me copy and paste a larger body of text and I'm not going to retype the whole thing.
One note is that soaking doesn't get a reg clean. Soaking loosens stuff up like salt or silt. You need fresh running water like from a garden hose to move the junk away. You also need to work the knobs and levers while rinsing it to make sure you get rid of any trapped particles.

Sent you a message regarding this. Thanks.

That's my initial understanding as well. I only received one little bag of parts. I'll dig through the shipping box tonight and see if I missed anything. Maybe all the parts are in the single bag? I have no idea what the parts for 1st's or 2nd's look like internally.

Since I made the poor choice of ordering the BF 2nd stage and 1st stage separate they were shipped alone. So my 2nd stage arrived today in the box with absolutely nothing else. No parts. Just reg in bubble wrap

I'll be interested to see what you find (or not). As a guide, here is a link to HOG service kits (look at D3 1st stage and 2nd stages, which are very close to Deep6's regs) and should give you a good idea on what to look for. I would think the 1st stage and 2nd stage kits would be separated somehow.

Hog Edge Service Kits

Jim,
Do you mind if I get a copy of your handout as well?

I’m kicking myself now for not purchasing it as a package from you guys as I ended up spending more money and losing out on the hose as well. Any chance you guys can drop a hose in my 1st stage box since I also ordered the BF 2nd stage a few days ago as well?

I wish I could, but I think it has already shipped. We have had hundreds of orders going out the door for holiday sales.

When I got my Signature series set last year, it only came with parts for the first stage. I have two 2nd's.

Send an email to support@deep6gear.com, our warehouse manager will get the second stage kits out to you.

I wish I could, but I think it has already shipped. We have had hundreds of orders going out the door for holiday sales.

Send an email to support@deep6gear.com, our warehouse manager will get the second stage kits out to you.

Ya I did receive my tracking info for the 1st stage today. Were the BF 2nd stages suppose to include a parts kit as well?

Ya I did receive my tracking info for the 1st stage today. Were the BF 2nd stages suppose to include a parts kit as well?

I was just looking on Deep6's FAQ page and found the following:

"First of all every DEEP SIX product that requires regularly scheduled service ships with an extra service kit."

FAQ

Now, having said that - I bet they are absolutely swamped with orders given their great Blue Friday deals. If I get my 1st and 2nd stage regulators and they don't have the extra service kits, I'll contact them a bit later and let them catch their breath (no pun intended. :D). I'm not going to need the service kits right away anyways, so no need to bug them when they are so busy.

That's the great thing about posting on a forum - they can respond when they have the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom