Scuabamau diving accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't the PADI guidelines for this sort of thing no greater than 32% Nitrox because of the danger of O2 toxicity? :)

I prefer 100% actually but (IMO) air breaks should be taken every 10 minutes rather than twenty... However, this is "diver" dependent on how much they are actually working and especially how long.. :shocked2:

PS. I'm not a PADIphile so what might not kill me may be dangerous to the aforementioned group adhering to their teachings. :D

[/ a possibly poor attempt at levity]

I'm not sure why you're fixated on secret trips or diving cliques.

Again for the 2nd time, none of my replies were in question of secret trips or diving cliques. I won't repeat the question again, as it's obviously only going to get another reply from you telling me about more of your secret diving club memberships, which we are all proud that you're a part of. However, it has nothing to do with the question. But carry on, and I'm happy you're obviously tickled pink that you've passed some secret muster and are one of the 'in crowd' with a bunch of diving nerds. If you want to address the actual question, go for it, if you want to tell us all about your latest secret diving mission, go for that too.

it appears to be the case that you're fixated on being left out of the loop on many fronts.....you can't get over people regularly conducting non-boy-scout dives or doing more 'interesting' dives than what you read about in your PADI textbook. I was simply expanding on your original astonishment that such dives are commonly conducted by adding that sometimes entire trips are conducted more 'aggressively', not just one-off exception dives, a very logical extension of YOUR original point.

as the 'soup Nazi' would say...."no panty raids for you!"

If you should die in bed, do you want us to discuss the details of that as well? :D

Only if it's a particularly good story.

it appears to be the case that you're fixated on being left out of the loop on many fronts.....you can't get over people regularly conducting non-boy-scout dives or doing more 'interesting' dives than what you read about in your PADI textbook. I was simply expanding on your original astonishment that such dives are commonly conducted by adding that sometimes entire trips are conducted more 'aggressively', not just one-off exception dives, a very logical extension of YOUR original point.

Ummm... no.

But again, thanks for playing.

For the third time, for the really dense (insert your name here if it applies) you're the only one bringing up the topic and trying to extinguish whatever projection of astonishment you want to pretend existed about your secret club dives.

Of which I guess for some reason must not extend very far geographically since you believe diving San Juan reef in Cozumel requires a secret decoder ring that you haven't been able to get. Perhaps it has something to do with your behavior in the dive shops in Cozumel? I believe you stated that whether you know it or not, you're always being judged and critiqued in a dive shop.

Sorry ole boy, but it looks like they must have found you lacking in Cozumel if they are c**k blocking you from San Juan.

I am really having trouble understanding your viewpoint. As a trimix diver certified to go beyond 300 feet and with full cave certification, I have done some fairly "interesting" dives. With that in mind, I find your insulting terms ("boy scout dives" and "PADI textbook") for the standard recreational dives in Cozumel mystifying. I further wonder why you find short bounce dives beyond recreational depths "interesting," implying that the other dives aren't interesting. What is there to see on shorter dives at those depths that is more interesting than at shallow depths? Why is it superior to longer dives at depths with more color and life? Is it just the thrill of doing something that is not approved, like a little boy smoking behind the woodshed?

I dive deep when there is something worth seeing there. When I do it, I am properly trained and equipped. The idea of diving deep without proper equipment or training just for the thrill of doing it is lost on me. To you it apparently gives you a sense of smug superiority. To me it just seems childish.

Still painful, now we can add boring, sad, and pathetic..... Someone put a bullet in this pathetic $hit...

919 no Decoder Ring for this great diving.Wall Dives in the Bahamas
Hale brought up a thread, and this lodge has been doing this since I have been diving and longer.

Most any place you go you can dive DEEP AIR, and sometimes you need to be in the secret club to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom