Scuabamau diving accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On behalf of myself and several of my friends that do not regularly visit SB, I offer our deepest condolences. A small group of us have been visiting Coz several times a year and diving with Scuba Mau often, and had many fun talks with Opal and many dive trips with Gabi. This tragedy has affected us deeply. God bless Opal and we continue to pray for Gabi's future.

Joseph, Opal's brother, is running the shop from what I understand.
No he is not.

I am confused by your comment that Opal's brother Joseph is NOT running the shop. I spoke with Joseph at great length about 5 days ago and he told me that he was doing his best to keep things going at SM as 11 families depend on SM for their livelyhood. Has something changed?

I just assumed I was wrong when the other poster chimed in. In cases such as this, there is so much information that is rapidly changing or incorrect.
The same person who told me of Opal's passing a few days ago also told me that Joseph was going to have a role there. She had just spoken to Opals mother so that was the case as of Thursday night.

No he is not.
Hi Kevin. Are you there now? Who is running the business?

I do hope that things are being worked out okay and wish the best for all the folks.

I'm flying down this Friday and plan to drop in and see how everyone is holding up.

Hello to everyone.
This is joseph matthews Opals brother. I want to say thank you again I really cant say it enough!
You all have shown tremendous support and unconditional love towards my sister Gabi myself her family and the Scuba Mau family! Muchos Gracias!!!
I am making a formal post on here to to inform everyone here in the diving community that my sisters shop is open and is going to remain open! It is going to continue to be the best dive shop on the island where we cater to the diver and not to the masses! Where we always take the extra step to ensure you the best and most safest dive experience possible! No matter your level of expertise in diving!
You have my word!
Thank you again words cannot trully express how grateful I am to you all!

Sincerely Joseph Patrick Matthews, SCUBA MAU.

Joseph, thanks for the clarity on what is happening at Scuba Mau. Sorry that you have to be dealing with speculation about
what is happening with the dive shop when you haven't even had time to grieve the death of your sister. I know that Opal would want HER DREAM to continue and her "Boyz" and the "Scuba Mau Family" to be well looked after. I will continue to support the shop and Opal's dream. It won't be the same without Opal but it will be bitter sweet..an opportunity to embrace change and the many beautiful things that await me everytime I come to Cozumel. See you in February!!!

I'm new to scubaboard so I hope this doesn't post twice. It's been a couple of years since I have been there,but Does anyone know where MAU of Scuba MAU is? I dove with when he was at blue angel and Followed him when he started Scuba Mau but I can't get in touch with him at the shop. I would love to continue diving with him if someone knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom