Scuba Board Red Sea Encounter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi Guys
I hust wanted to say that there is no need to vote between Dahab and Sharm... all of us here can provide both together to enjoy the best divesites in north redsea and also the different atmosphere between dahab and sharm and even the desert and mountains....
with a good diving & safari professionals in Dahab or Sharm you can get that great experience for your holiday.
the thing is some people like to relaxing simple atmosphere in Dahab and prefer it to Sharm... others like it more loud and crowdy like Sharm... some like to have both in the same time...
thats why we have been working on partnerships with Dahab and Sharm and st.Catherine professionals to make that great mix and the experience of whole sinai....

Red Sea Shadow:
What type of safari? Dive safari or desert safari? And where to?

I don't know yet. There is allways a difference between what I wish (St. Johnes, Elphinstone) and what I can get (R. Mohammed, Abu Nuhas, Tiran).
I think it is almost impossible for Israeli citizens to get permission to places like the Brothers, St. Johnes etc.). I am not sure, but I think that Israelis cannot board safaris on Hurghada (or actually any other place southern to Sharm) so it also makes southern safaris more expensive by adding more days to get to southern areas. A 1week southern safari is typically ~1200-1300 US$.

Perhaps I'll just go for some relaxing in Dahab which is also more economical...

No Matter what...

I think having a nice group is big part of the nice dive so anyway i am in if the schedule permits..
I dont whant to hijackthe thread. But alot of instructor in dahab warrened me to travel the same day from dahab to sharm after the dives due to the alltidude a long the road. i did so twice and my computer did not register or complain. So just to be sure is that okay ???

DomaNitrogen:
I dont whant to hijackthe thread. But alot of instructor in dahab warrened me to travel the same day from dahab to sharm after the dives due to the alltidude a long the road. i did so twice and my computer did not register or complain. So just to be sure is that okay ???

The highest part of the Dahab - Sharm road is 627 meters, while the academics state that you should not fly, or go up, more than 250 meters. However, we always do this and leave Dahab the same day after diving with no problems reported.

Jai Bar:
I don't know yet. There is allways a difference between what I wish (St. Johnes, Elphinstone) and what I can get (R. Mohammed, Abu Nuhas, Tiran).
I think it is almost impossible for Israeli citizens to get permission to places like the Brothers, St. Johnes etc.). I am not sure, but I think that Israelis cannot board safaris on Hurghada (or actually any other place southern to Sharm) so it also makes southern safaris more expensive by adding more days to get to southern areas. A 1week southern safari is typically ~1200-1300 US$.

Perhaps I'll just go for some relaxing in Dahab which is also more economical...

Never mind Jai Bar. Actually the authorities here are putting very strict restrictions on the "Islands"; those like the Brothers. After the ferry's incident, permissions are very hard to get. Also very expensive :(

Dahab is always my preference. Let's meet in Dahab :)

Okay i guess most ppl want dahab...

The big question Dates and logistics ???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom