Scuba Board Red Sea Encounter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, a more-basic question may be exactly what an "Encounter" is... Just a get-together for dinner in Dahab somewhere; or a dive; or a bunch of dives?

The reason I ask is that we're booked down at the Dahab Hilton, and will be diving -- sorry guys! -- with Sinai Divers there.

--Marek

Well, dinner somewhere in town as a minimum.

A dive or two would be great too... assuming we could get picked up by whoever hosts the dive(s)? Do you dive professionals down there all know each other?

--Marek

Marek K:
Well, dinner somewhere in town as a minimum.

A dive or two would be great too... assuming we could get picked up by whoever hosts the dive(s)? Do you dive professionals down there all know each other?

--Marek

No we don't know each other, unfortunately.
I think a dive or two would be difficult, since you already booked with a dive op.

Marek K:
Actually, a more-basic question may be exactly what an "Encounter" is... Just a get-together for dinner in Dahab somewhere; or a dive; or a bunch of dives?

Well, an encounter can be something like meeting friends from all over the world, sharing stories around a bonfire on the beach, or restaurant or any other place like a scuba club.
Typically, it will involve digesting some food :wink: , music, UW videos/photos of participants, sharing bubbles underwater etc. etc. I guess everyone is open to ideas.

Red Sea Shadow:
No we don't know each other, unfortunately.
I think a dive or two would be difficult, since you already booked with a dive op.
Hmmm... I would certainly have expected there to be a lot of networking and cooperation among local guides, divemasters, and others -- even though you're competitors...

You guys do hotel pick-ups all over the place anyway, don't you? Only problem for us would be to get our equipment re-packed and to the hotel's front door... It might be nice to spend a day that way...

--Marek

Back
Top Bottom