Scuba Club Cozumel Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

be sure to take a padlock to use on the dive locker for your gear so you don't have to take it back to your room. Try and grab one down by the shore dive area if you are planning to do any shore dives!

Do a shore dive the first day after you arrive, too. Water around the piers is only about 20-25' depth, tons of rubble and little critters and fish. Its a great thing to do that first day to relax.

also, as others mentioned, the dive shop closes early so be sure to grab any tanks you may need for the rest of the evening or early morning and put them in your locker! When done with your shore dives, you just leave them out there at next to the shower (there is a marked spot for use tanks). :D

Another tip - first day, walk up the street a block to the Chedraui and get sodas and beer for your room fridge. And if you are a photographer, get a foam cooler for your room to use as a rinse tank for your camera gear. Just leave it full of water in bathroom and when you get back from diving let your rig soak while you shower. Then you can dry it off, change batteries, etc. and head back out to eat or whatever. Works like a charm!

robin

YES a beer hook up! Love it.

Great tips! A shake down upon arrival will make the first boat dive more enjoyable.

How much are drink at the bar on site?

We are headed back to SCC on Saturday for 2 weeks - it will be our third time there. Hoping for better weather - last Feb it was cold the whole time we were there, and in Nov we got caught in Hurricane Ida!!!:shakehead:
What we really liked about SCC was that we met lots of people on the boats to socialize with. At other hotels, guests might be diving with many different ops, but at SCC everyone dives with the house op as part of the package. When you're not with a group, that's a huge advantage.
What we have seen at SCC is that is that large groups are accommodated together, so if you go there with a group, your group will dive together (on one or more boats). Then the rest of us (single divers and couples) are grouped together on the remaining boats, partly by skill and experience. So we consistently dove with the same people and made friends from all over while we were there. :love2:
Can't wait!!

We will see you there Winterpeg. Not sure we will know who is who...

regarding the dive lockers at SCC - there are 2 groups, one over by the dive shop and one down by the shore dive entrance:

by the dive shop with one rinse tank and shower:
SCC414.JPG

shore dive area lockers, shower, and 2 rinse tanks:
SCC460.JPG

dive lockers are large enough to put tanks and your gear but no hanging spots for suits. We took ours back to room, along with our reg sets and cameras. There were hooks on the patio and we hung up our wetsuits there. Most people had suits hanging outside as you can see by my photos:

SCC472.JPG

be sure to do several shore dives. I highly recommend the night dive right there at resort. Be sure to do it during daytime first so you know all the rubble landmarks. The night dive is very easy plus we saw tons of octo out hunting, eels out hunting, fish sleeping, etc. Fantastic shore dive at night! :D Just make sure to grab tanks before the dive shop closes and put them in your locker! We grabbed them mid-afternoon whether we were sure we would use them soon or not, just to have them available in our lockers.

robin:D

me on shore dive:
250309_Robin_029.jpg

Hey, I see "my" old locker in the first picture! :D

We also made several new friends when we stayed at SCC. This is facilitiated by the longer boat rides and the meals. We had the same boat and DM daily which made it even more enjoyable. We still communicate with them and even met back there for another trip.

regarding the dive lockers at SCC - there are 2 groups, one over by the dive shop and one down by the shore dive entrance

Robin--

What is the shore dive entrance like? Sandy beach? Stairs? Ladder?

Robin--

If you go on their website you can see it... http://www.scubaclubcozumel.com/shorediving.html

There are stairs, nice ones with a railing, that lead down into a little tunnel area under one of the walkways. It goes about 10' and takes a sharp right turn then opens up to the water about 5-10' deep as I remember. It is easy once you do it, but on the night dive it might be tricky finding it if you haven't done it before. You can't see the tunnel opening unless you know about that sharp right turn, it is very well hidden. Once you do it, piece of cake. :D
there are also several ladders you can climb back up.

nice ! the pcs make it so clear! there in 2 days!!! WOO HOO

Robin--

Like Robin says, there is a nice entry/exit near the right side of SCC (looking at the water) but you can just jump off the pier to get in!
I preferred to exit at the the ladder closer to the pier. It was closer to my locker and usually had less surge.
Shore entrances shown about 1 minute into video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom