Scuba Diving in Kansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Should we try for November 26?

My BCD hasn't came in yet, but should be in hopefully no later then 2 weeks.

Anyone dive Lake Perry? Stockton or Table Rock is best bet for viz. You may think it's bad, but it's water. Used to live in KC now in NM - no agua. In all cases, be sure to use your flags. May still be some sailors and stink boats about.

Haven't dove Perry Lake, or Stockton or Table Rock.
I have dove Beaver Lake which had good viz.

I'll be in Minnesota for thanksgiving, so the 26th is out. How about the weekend of the 19th? I could also work something out for an afternoon on MWF. That does look pretty shallow based on the map, but I am good to go on it. Do you have everything besides an exposure suit? How about a light?

Anyone dive Lake Perry? Stockton or Table Rock is best bet for viz. You may think it's bad, but it's water. Used to live in KC now in NM - no agua. In all cases, be sure to use your flags. May still be some sailors and stink boats about.

The Ozark lakes aren't bad at all! I haven't been out to Lake Perry, but I am guessing that it is quite a mud hole. Have you hit up the Blue Hole in New Mexico? I know a few who dive there from time to time and love it.

I won't be able to do anything on the 19th because I'm going to be out of town.
I would do something on the 20th but Scuba Shack is close and I don't know if we can rent stuff when it is close.
I am still waiting for my BCD to come in. I don't have a light but I'm thinking about getting one and also a SBM with a reel. Do you have everything including exposure suit and light?
Wednesday is the only week day that would work for me. We could try the 16th but I don't know if my BCD is going to be in by then. We could try for the 30th.

Beaver lake's good especially by the dam. Yes, have dove the hole here in NM. Spring fed cold. Nothing much to see but an occasional gold fish or yard ornaments folks leave. It's also the local watering hole so with top side swimmers and it being the only OW and AOW checkout locale in NM, on the weekends it's real crowded. I believe robint has some nice videos if you'd like to see it. - Diving "Blue Hole" in Santa Rosa, NM & around the Southwest USA on Vimeo
Have fun in your dive adventures.

I won't be able to do anything on the 19th because I'm going to be out of town.
I would do something on the 20th but Scuba Shack is close and I don't know if we can rent stuff when it is close.
I am still waiting for my BCD to come in. I don't have a light but I'm thinking about getting one and also a SBM with a reel. Do you have everything including exposure suit and light?
Wednesday is the only week day that would work for me. We could try the 16th but I don't know if my BCD is going to be in by then. We could try for the 30th.

Dang. How about mid-week? We could go early afternoon, or frankly whenever. I think the boat landing looks best.

I've got everything. No SMB or Flag, though. You shouldn't really need an SMB unless you're doing boat diving. Especially on a lake with no traffic. A light shouldn't really be necessary until about 25-30 feet, unless the lake is really murky.

What kind of BC did you order? I can't think of any BC that isn't available somewhere online.

I'm getting the scubapro x-tek foam system. (I'm getting it though the dive shop were I got my certification.)
I get out of school on Wednesday at 2:30 and I would need to stop by scuba shack to pick up the wet suit. I'm thinking about stopping a day before to find the size I would need so I will just grab it the day we go. I can get to the lake around 3:15, and we can try to get into the water by 3:30.
We could plan on the 16th and have the 30th the back up date if the 16th doesn't work?

Back
Top Bottom