Scuba diving in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From Scubacat Diving,

this coming Thursday you are going to King cruiser, Shark Point and Koh Doc Mai...

Quero, she should not write wrong information about dive center and remember we have 4 different boats...

Thank you

That's good to know Phuket Diver--thanks. Here's where the information I have comes from--a screenshot of your website. I can only assume that the schedule for 2011 is different. Too bad the website is misleading and outdated.

View attachment 98987

The website is going to be updated very soon, we have been very busy and still busy now. Do not have so much time
to talk about others....busy with our own boats.

The website is going to be updated very soon, we have been very busy and still busy now. Do not have so much time to talk about others....busy with our own boats.
Thank you again. I find your response a good illustration of my earlier point.

An agent who has no vested interest in which boat the customer goes on is far more objective and prepared to find the best fit between the customer's needs and the available options than an operation whose business it is to fill up its own boat first and foremost.

I hope you, and in fact all operators and agents on Phuket and in Thailand, continue to have a good season.

More importantly, I hope that all of our visitors leave delighted with their experiences here, regardless of how they make their arrangements and who they dive with.

Last edited:
Small agents recommend places where they get the best commission or to make a quick dollar in their pocket... and unfortunately destroy the dive industry in many different aspects.

Small agents recommend places where they get the best commission or to make a quick dollar in their pocket... and unfortunately destroy the dive industry in many different aspects.

Wow! That is a rather categorical statement, and it certainly makes things clearer to me, as a small agency. :duck:

To finish with that topic. Dive centers in Thailand employ Thais, a dive center like I work for employ about 25 Thais, pay their social security...and so on.

Do you employ 4 Thais like the law requires?

I only see one winner here and it sure as heck aint Phuket diver... A lot of self promoting posts today and quite confrontational if I may say so!

:popcorn:

I only see one winner here and it sure as heck aint Phuket diver... A lot of self promoting posts today and quite confrontational if I may say so!

Quite right, particularly when he also seems to be promoting Pattaya on another thread, as we all know it is not a serious dive destination.

This will be my last reply to you, Phuket Diver, as you seem determined to make the discussion personal, which threatens to take the whole thread off topic and does nobody any good at all.

....Ah, never mind!

Once again, I wish your employer and all of the operators and agents on the island a successful season. In my view, a successful season is measured with much more than profits--it is essential that our visiting divers leave delighted with their experiences here, ready to tell their friends, and eager to return, regardless of which agent or operator they deal with. This is the foundation of my business practice, my ethics, and my morals.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom