Scuba Diving's Snipe Hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

biggmarty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The thread on "Orange Shovels" seemed to set off a lot of fun, so I thought I'd throw this one in.

What is Scuba Diving's Snipe Hunting?

If you don't know what Snipe Hunting is, it is a gag that elder woodsmen will often play on younger people. You take the kiddies out into the woods, and give one of them a box. Then you tell the rest of them to keep their eyes open for the snipes and to rustle the leaves, as to scatter the snipes. Then you point to random places, having the poor soul with the box try and trap the non-existent snipes.

So what's the Scuba version of this?

biggmarty:
The thread on "Orange Shovels" seemed to set off a lot of fun, so I thought I'd throw this one in.

What is Scuba Diving's Snipe Hunting?

If you don't know what Snipe Hunting is, it is a gag that elder woodsmen will often play on younger people. You take the kiddies out into the woods, and give one of them a box. Then you tell the rest of them to keep their eyes open for the snipes and to rustle the leaves, as to scatter the snipes. Then you point to random places, having the poor soul with the box try and trap the non-existent snipes.

So what's the Scuba version of this?

That aint the way we snipe hunt in Texas :wink: . Seriously, though, if we told you it would just be letting the cat out of the bag....Much more fun to hear about it after it happens to ya... Remember the saying, "If you're sitting around the poker table and you can't spot the sucker, there's a darned good chance you're it." :D

almitywife:
im still confused... whats a snipe??

Its a Left-handed Smoke Shifter.

Its a Bacon Stretcher.

Who else was in Scouts? C'mon... there are a zillion of them.

The Scuba Version? I dunno... probably "sure, tank down that second glass of Ice Tea on the SI...."

---
Ken

mike_s:
Shhhhhhhhh!!!!

Someone will start a PADI Snipe Hunting Speciality Course.

That would probably have to be a regional class...because here in Arizona I think it would have to be PADI Advanced Open Jackalope Hunting.

Is this one of those "go get a box of grid squares" or "your car needs blinker fluid" type thing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom