SCUBA in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YES!!!!!

I like Mike Severn's Diving because they have a small, fast boat. That means you get to the good spots before the cattle boats arrive. It's open cabin so they only do 1/2 day 2 to 3 tank trips. Everyone on board has some sort of environmental or biologist background so they can answer all your questions about the local marine life.

I also stay at what use to be the Embassey Suites and the beach is a good dive right off the pool deck of the resort. Loads of turtles!

Although my preferred dive op is also Mike Severn's, the boat with the distinctive yellow and blue pinstriping is B&B scuba. The guy at the very beginning of the video is Brad, the owner of B&B scuba --- one of several excellent dive operators on Maui.

Excellent video!

Very lovely video -- I'd love to see a Manta some day.

I've dived on Maui (or rather, off Maui) quite a few times. The boat diving is excellent, and there are a number of good dive operations. But the shore diving is pretty fine, too. And Charlie 99 is a great dive buddy, when he's there!

I dived on Maui once. Molikini Crater and then Turtle Town. I was on a cattle boat and while it was fun I would highly recommend going with a smaller outfit. Try to stay away from turtle town (Make-My-Day-Reef, whatever other name it may have) for scuba. It's just as fun with a snorkel.

We dive Maui every year and LOVE it (owning a timeshare there definitely has benefits)! You really do want to get back there and explore the underwater world. We dive with Ed Robinsons, a similar operator to Mike Severns.

Completely enjoyed the video :) Hoping I get to see a manta up close like that tomorrow morning when I head out with B&B myself.

Definitely let us know when you make it over here so we can show you some of our favorite dive spots.

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom