Scuba Mau in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've talked about them before, but I just got back from a holiday trip with them, so I've used them twice now - almost 30 dives. They are wonderful. I can't recommend them enough, and everyone I dive with always seems to feel the same way. They are still kind of new (coming up on their year anniversary) but the owners and staff all have lots of experience.

When I went to Cozumel in July, it was my first blue water diving. They sent me out with a private DM, free of charge, so that I would feel comfortable. I have always felt 100% secure with them - they are very safety conscious, give good pre-dive briefings, really keep an eye on you in the water (if that's what you want, otherwise they leave you alone and let you dive)...

Opal (owner) is great about communications. She stays on top of the emails and answers any question I can throw at her. She handled the hotel for me on this trip, so all I had to do was just show up. :cool2: The divemasters (Monkey, Gabi Loco, Eddie) are friendly and funny as all heck. (Not to mention that they are very knowledgeable about the marine life and seem to know where to find all the critters.) Mau is the instructor and I'm looking forward to getting my AOW with him this summer. They are all very, very professional, but very, very friendly as well.

Boats are small and fast. I've been in groups as small as 4, but never more than 7 on a boat. They provide water and fruit on surface intervals. You are allowed to dive your air - in fact, this trip I came up with air several times only because I was cold and couldn't go any longer. They are good about letting the group choose the dive sites instead of pre-planning. Rental equipment was good when I used it in July - I have my own stuff now which of course they set up/broke down but also rinsed and stored for me all week in the shop.

But if all that is the cake, the icing is the staff. Seriously - they elevate the whole experience to a point where I'm not sure what's more exciting - returning to Coz to dive or returning to Coz to see my friends. They are genuinely warm people - all of them - and I have spent sooooo much time after dives just hanging out at the shop or at the Palapita across the street chatting with them. If you show up early enough in the morning, you'll probably end up at the table having breakfast with them. You can tell that they love what they do, and I think this is the secret to their success.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions, but my recommendation is to give them a try!!

Hi I have and they meet anyones dive needs. They are a new outfit but years of dive skills. Most of them left Caribe Blue to start their own venture. Mau and Opal are the owners, they are so wonderful to deal with. Opal is wealth of knowledge to the island as are the whole team. If you have any particular needs they will fill them. They run small fast boats and dont nickel you to go farther down island. Dive your gas and have fun with these guys. I'll be back there Jan. 23. I'm climbing the walls right now.

The divemasters (Monkey, Gabi Loco, Eddie) are friendly and funny as all heck. (Not to mention that they are very knowledgeable about the marine life and seem to know where to find all the critters.)
Are they the same Monkey and Eddie from Papa Hogs?

I've talked about them before, but I just got back from a holiday trip with them, so I've used them twice now - almost 30 dives. They are wonderful. I can't recommend them enough, and everyone I dive with always seems to feel the same way. They are still kind of new (coming up on their year anniversary) but the owners and staff all have lots of experience.

When I went to Cozumel in July, it was my first blue water diving. They sent me out with a private DM, free of charge, so that I would feel comfortable. I have always felt 100% secure with them - they are very safety conscious, give good pre-dive briefings, really keep an eye on you in the water (if that's what you want, otherwise they leave you alone and let you dive)...

Opal (owner) is great about communications. She stays on top of the emails and answers any question I can throw at her. She handled the hotel for me on this trip, so all I had to do was just show up. :cool2: The divemasters (Monkey, Gabi Loco, Eddie) are friendly and funny as all heck. (Not to mention that they are very knowledgeable about the marine life and seem to know where to find all the critters.) Mau is the instructor and I'm looking forward to getting my AOW with him this summer. They are all very, very professional, but very, very friendly as well.

Boats are small and fast. I've been in groups as small as 4, but never more than 7 on a boat. They provide water and fruit on surface intervals. You are allowed to dive your air - in fact, this trip I came up with air several times only because I was cold and couldn't go any longer. They are good about letting the group choose the dive sites instead of pre-planning. Rental equipment was good when I used it in July - I have my own stuff now which of course they set up/broke down but also rinsed and stored for me all week in the shop.

But if all that is the cake, the icing is the staff. Seriously - they elevate the whole experience to a point where I'm not sure what's more exciting - returning to Coz to dive or returning to Coz to see my friends. They are genuinely warm people - all of them - and I have spent sooooo much time after dives just hanging out at the shop or at the Palapita across the street chatting with them. If you show up early enough in the morning, you'll probably end up at the table having breakfast with them. You can tell that they love what they do, and I think this is the secret to their success.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions, but my recommendation is to give them a try!!

What she said:) Could not agree more.
We will be diving with them late March. Great group.

It is Monkey from Papa Hoggs. I did not dive with Eddie so I do not know about him.

Cool, you'll love them, tell them Deborah aka "maestra" says hello. I'm jealous of you and firstdive2005 for your upcoming trips. Have fun! :D

I'll tell Opal you you say hi. I promise to have fun. kev:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom