Scuba Movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree everyone needs to see Sharkwater and see how horrible the shark fishing industry is and how these beautiful creatures are misunderstood and mistreated. I have my own shark and it is the best pet I have ever had. He has his own HUGE tank.

Sharkwater was that film about the guy who almost lost a leg and loved to dive and be filmed, wasn't it?

Not really scuba, more free diving, but for anyone who loves the ocean, you cant beat the extended version of The Big Blue. Awesome.
Kev

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Discount dive travel to the Barrier Reef and Coral Sea - live aboard and day trips.

Cairns Discount Scuba Diving Trips - Great Barrier Reef

The Abyss needs to be released on Blu-ray. Man that would look awesome on a nice TV.

Ponyo - Like all of Ghibli's films, not as sugar-sweet as you'd think.
Trailer - Ponyo
Big fan - especially My Neighbor Totoro

Attachments

• totoro.jpg
    totoro.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 42
Check out "The Wreck of the Mary Deare" with Gary Cooper and Charlton Heston.

Can't believe no one mentioned Sea Hunt here? OK, so it was a TV series and not a movie , but the DVD box set it a MUST own for all divers. They have all 155 episodes, worth every penny to watch the old gear in action. In just about every other episode Lloyd Bridges has to rescue someone underwater and gives them the 10 second SCUBA lesson; "Here, breath on this, oh and don't hold your breath!"

The "hokieness factor" is certainly very high at times, but all in all it is quite amusing. A lot of the stuff he does is spot on accurate and the gear he uses was "state of the art" in 1959 after all.

A lot of the old birds on here will remember this show, everyone else should run, not walk and get the DVD set. If nothing else you will learn where our roots came from as divers.

Sharkwater was that film about the guy who almost lost a leg and loved to dive and be filmed, wasn't it?

No. SharkWater was the documentary about the shark finning industry. SHARKWATER Excellent movie and I got the Shark Water coffee table book.....excellent coffee table book IMO.

OHHHH I like shark fin soup, is that bad?

Can't believe no one mentioned Sea Hunt here? OK, so it was a TV series and not a movie , but the DVD box set it a MUST own for all divers. They have all 155 episodes, worth every penny to watch the old gear in action. In just about every other episode Lloyd Bridges has to rescue someone underwater and gives them the 10 second SCUBA lesson; "Here, breath on this, oh and don't hold your breath!"

The "hokieness factor" is certainly very high at times, but all in all it is quite amusing. A lot of the stuff he does is spot on accurate and the gear he uses was "state of the art" in 1959 after all.

A lot of the old birds on here will remember this show, everyone else should run, not walk and get the DVD set. If nothing else you will learn where our roots came from as divers.

I too am surprised no one has mentioned Sea Hunt. I bought a box set last year before going to Coz. Carried it with my portable DVD player on the plane and had a great time. I went on the trip with a group from my LDS and gave posession up on the trip back. Greatest Scuba films? ever. Watched it as a kid, still think it's great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom