Scuba Movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was watching For Your Eyes Only last night, there are some scuba scenes in it. Pretty good, but in one scene, the Bond girl (from Greece) took her reg out of her mouth, removed her tank (no BC), at the bottom. Bond was next to her with full wet suit, tank and reg. He kept his, and they both ascended. Looked like maybe 20 feet deep,hard to tell though. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why she did that. That was when 007 was silly, IMO.

Into the Blue, The Abyss (it got stupid at the end, though)

I was watching For Your Eyes Only last night, there are some scuba scenes in it. Pretty good, but in one scene, the Bond girl (from Greece) took her reg out of her mouth, removed her tank (no BC), at the bottom. Bond was next to her with full wet suit, tank and reg. He kept his, and they both ascended. Looked like maybe 20 feet deep,hard to tell though. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why she did that. That was when 007 was silly, IMO.

Into the Blue, The Abyss (it got stupid at the end, though)

Let's see...breathing for like 30 minutes off a pen-sized tank...emerging from a full wet suit with a perfectly pressed tuxedo underneath...the Bond movies were always a bit silly, but their take on diving has always been far-fetched

I can't pick a favorite. It's between:

The Abyss - I jumped on the computer after seeing it looking for information on bioluminescence and hyperoxygenated perfluorocarbons.

The Deep - Jacqueline Bisset + white t-shirt = giggity

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou...loved the Jaguar shark!

The Cave.

It has two of my favorite lines ever in it.

"What's the number?"
"One in fourteen."
"One in fourteen, what's that?"
"One in fourteen cave divers die in caves each year."

Classic.

The other line (the dive team is trapped in a cave and some of them want to wait for a rescue party).

"All the best people in the world to rescue us are already here."

Great line!

Now where can I get that pen size 007 bailout bottle.

Jeff

Anyone seen "The Cave"? The movie is pretty awful, but the opening cave dive scene (about 15 minutes into the movie) is pretty cool....

And does Planet Earth count?

Finding Nemo :D

Which has demonized SCUBA divers to little kids much as Disney did a hatchet job on hunters.

The Deep - Jacqueline Bisset + white t-shirt = giggity

For your amusement:
jacqueline_bisset02_1_.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom