Scuba Movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharkwater is such an amazing movie. You all need to see it! I got it on Blueray for Christmas. It's very sad though. That and Men Of Honor are my favorites. I really enjoyed Fools Gold too. :)

I agree everyone needs to see Sharkwater and see how horrible the shark fishing industry is and how these beautiful creatures are misunderstood and mistreated. I have my own shark and it is the best pet I have ever had. He has his own HUGE tank.

oh man, you guys are missing a metric buttload of awesome films. stuff like "kraken: tentacles of the deep," "shark attack in the mediteranean," and all those sci-fi originals that they have on during the sea monster marathons. I mean, did you know there are sharks in venice?! also, not technically scuba-related, but "leviathan". so much goodness to be had!

Thanks Blue, I did not know that and Into the Blue is a favorite of mine. Again, thanks for the info.

Howard Hughes had everyone beat, "Underwater" was the first scuba movie, who's story was later remade into "The Deep" and then remade again with "Into the Blue." Interesting enough, the press conference for "Underwater" was actually held underwater. Oh good old Howard.

It's not out yet but I'm waiting for the release of "Shadow Divers."

BTW for all you Into the Blue fans, they were recently on Oahu filming "Into the Blue 2." Sorry no Jessica Alba, I have a feeling this will be a straight to DVD release.

Thunderball, Big Blue, The Life Aquatic, Jaws, Sharkwater... most of my favorites have already been mentioned.

I watched Beneath the 12 Mile Reef again last week. It's not top notch, but I dig it!

Not exactly a movie, but I still LOVE the '90s seaQuest DSV TV series. I bought the first season on DVD last year and could watch it over and over and over again. :D The 2nd and 3rd seasons, not so much. But the original one rocks my socks.

Oh boy, I just realised nobody bothered to mention "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea"

All I know is that I simply must get my hands on a Jedi A99 Aquata Breather like Obi-Wan used in The Phantom Menace.

I think LeisurePro carries them for way less than the 350 credit list price, but of course without a manufacturer's warranty, so you'll have to send them all the way back to Deneb VII for service, and shipping fees are out of this world. :D

>*< Fritz

All I know is that I simply must get my hands on a Jedi A99 Aquata Breather like Obi-Wan used in The Phantom Menace.

I think LeisurePro carries them for way less than the 350 credit list price, but of course without a manufacturer's warranty, so you'll have to send them all the way back to Deneb VII for service, and shipping fees are out of this world. :D

>*< Fritz

The heck with the A99 Aquata Breather, I want one of those tri-mix 24 hour rebreather Spare Airs used on Bay Watch! :rofl3:

I love Thunderball. Mostly because of the massive continuity errors. There are scenes where Bond looks one way and he's wearing a blue mask, then turns his head and he's wearing one of the black masks, then turns back and he's wearing a blue mask again. The big battle scene is full of mistakes like that. And, I love to try and find them all.

Oh, and there's the part where Q gives Bond a Nikonos camera and tells him it's an underwater camera, that takes pictures at night with infrared film. (infrared film doesn't work underwater) Later Bond gives the Nikonos to Domino and tells her it's a Geiger Counter.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom