scuba newbie from MD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pammyk

Reaction score
Hi...I'm new to scuba. Took my class and confined water on May 15th and 16th. Had a little trouble getting comfortable with removing my mask and clearing. Still don't love it but I can do it if I have to and I don't panic anymore. I basically don't rush it...I take my time clearing and that has helped. I think I had my mask too tight for fear of getting water in it. I've since loosened up on the mask because I have no problem clearing it if a little water gets in it...this happens all the time it seems. I also think I have a problem switching from breathing in and out through my mouth to exhaling out of my nose to clear...that's why I now take my time. That has seemed to help but I still don't love it!!!!! I'm doing my OWC this weekend at Lake Rawlings which is in VA. The water temp is about 62 degrees F which is much colder than I am used to and that is kind of freaking me out. I really want to do this, though...and when I'm determined about something...I know I will accomplish it! I'm going to Ft. Lauderdale with the LDS next week and Cabo San Lucas, MX in July. Wish me luck...I need all the help I can get...lolololol

Pam

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Yeah, that mask thing can be a challenge for a while. My hay fever was bothering me last week, and as I was diving Enriched Air - I wouldn't take my pills until after the days dives. A couple of times while down under, I pulled my mask up on my forehead so I could blow my nose farmboy-style. Yet another use for the skill...

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile, as suggested here: http://www.scubaboard.com/t60416.html I update mine after every trip.

:D

Welcome to diving. You should do fine at rawlings. Make sure you have a wet suit that fits you properly - too tight can be even worst than too loose.

Welcome to Scubaboard and to diving. You have the right idea, take your time, think about what you are doing and don't panic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom