Scuba Pro Mark 2? Age?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aikiguy

Contributor
Reaction score
On the blue parts, not the brown or green parts.
# of dives
50 - 99
I was out scouting sales last weekend and picked up some gear.

One of the Items was this reg:

Is it an old Mark 2?

As far as I can tell it has never seen the water.

Thanks,
Guy
:)

Attachments

• IMG_6404.jpg
    IMG_6404.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6405.jpg
    IMG_6405.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 81
I have a couple like that one.
The were around in the late 60's and through the 70's. I don't know when did they changed them, but I am guessing early 80's.

Look for it here:

First Stage

c

Edit: Because of the size of the yoke and yoke screw, I would place it in the 78-80 years, but it is difficult to tell from the pictures. How many lp and hp ports does it have?

It has 1 HP and Two LP. Is there somewhere that lists the number of each on them. I think that it is probably a 1977 or earlier version.... The holes for the environmental side are straight through. It does have 3000 cast into the Yoke fitting.

The thing is in beautiful condition. I Don't think that it has ever been on a tank let alone in the water.

I was thinking of using it for a pony bottle. I could still do that.. However if someone actually collects these things, I don't think you could find a nicer example of one. Almost seems a shame to dive it really.

Guy
:)

Ya know the old saying "they dont make em like they used to".....well scubapro is still making some awesome stuff....but that is a solid regulator that you can still have serviced easily. If I were you, id have it checked out by a service tech and use it!

I agree with regtechkidd
It was built to dive, not to sit on a shelf and be admired.
Use it carefully, but use it.

It's a great regulator. Get it serviced and use it.

It's a great regulator. Get it serviced and use it.

Have to agree-----bought a used one last year & have really enjoy it....

and thanks couv for the link......

If this MK 2 has not been under pressure, chances are it's good to go as the HP seat will not have any ingraving. But if you would like to DIY, see this post for an annotated PDF file with the o-ring sizes that you'll need. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5050612-post35.html

Before you start, or when you're finished, see this link for a set of checks everyone is capable of and should be doing:

Regulator Checklist and Inspection thread.

For the latest revision
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/4320058-post14.html
For the start of the entire thread
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/260452-regulator-checklist-inspection.html

c

Back
Top Bottom