Scuba Pro MK25/S600 Regulator, 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Gold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Max2025

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I have decided on the MK25/S600 combination and I want to make sure the specific edition I want to buy is the right choice. Are there any potential issues with the gold edition vs. the classic one? I found the gold one to be discounted on various sites.

Also, any idea where I can find a smaller mouth piece for a 13 year old diver? How is the warranty handled for regulators bought online?

Thank you very much!

Max

as far as the mouthpiece, I'd suggest getting something like a seacure that you can mold and cut the backs down so that it fits their mouth

Usually special editions are the WORST value in regulators. They are usually the same regulator as the normal model with cosmetic changes. If you are purchasing the gold edition then make sure it is no more expensive than the regular version.

As far as warranty work goes, you can submit the regulator to any authorized Scubapro dealer for warranty work as long as you purchased it from an authorized dealer and have the documentation to prove that you did. Remember warranties are for selling products not servicing them.

Last edited:
as far as the mouthpiece, I'd suggest getting something like a seacure that you can mold and cut the backs down so that it fits their mouth

I will look into that and will get it if it allows for multiple remolding, because that 13 year old mouth will keep growing, too. Thanks much!

---------- Post added January 6th, 2014 at 08:22 PM ----------

Usually special editions are the WORST value in regulators. They are usually the same regulator as the normal model with cosmetic changes. If you are purchasing the gold edition then make sure it is no more expensive than the regular version.

As far as warranty work goes, you can submit the regulator to any authorized Scubapro dealer for warranty work as long as you purchased it from an authorized dealer and have the documentation to prove that you did. Remember warranties are for selling products not servicing them.

I am curious why the special editions are the worst regulators. Is it because of the gold(en) coating in this case, please? Indeed, it is cheaper, hence my interest. Thank you for all the details on the warranty, too! Cheers!

I am curious why the special editions are the worst regulators. Is it because of the gold(en) coating in this case, please? Indeed, it is cheaper, hence my interest. Thank you for all the details on the warranty, too! Cheers!

Max, I did not say they are the worst regulators (in fact most are excellent performers) what I said is that they are the worst value in regulators because they add no additional performance for the additional cost. What people are paying for is cosmetics. In this case a gold-colored finish. In general, regulators are not collectors items.

Beaver Divers
is selling the gold version on close-out for $599.00 while the regular version is $729 at Leisurepro so in this case the special edition is actually a better value because it is being closed out.

Max, I did not say they are the worst regulators (in fact most are excellent performers) what I said is that they are the worst value in regulators because they add no additional performance for the additional cost. What people are paying for is cosmetics. In this case a gold-colored finish. In general, regulators are not collectors items.

Beaver Divers
is selling the gold version on close-out for $599.00 while the regular version is $729 at Leisurepro so in this case the special edition is actually a better value because it is being closed out.

I feel so bad about missing on the Leisurepro one... It is the find I was inquiring about and it went out of stock while I was looking at it, ready to checkout. The DIN version is still there, but I am not sure about buying that, considering tanks with DIN valves are not common at the North American destinations where we plan on diving. DIN sounds like the more professional and safe option, but I am afraid of the practical issues that may occur. Any piece of advice here, please? Thank you for your quick second reply!

I feel so bad about missing on the Leisurepro one... It is the find I was inquiring about and it went out of stock while I was looking at it, ready to checkout. The DIN version is still there, but I am not sure about buying that, considering tanks with DIN valves are not common at the North American destinations where we plan on diving. DIN sounds like the more professional and safe option, but I am afraid of the practical issues that may occur. Any piece of advice here, please? Thank you for your quick second reply!

Nevermind answering this, please. I studied a bit and was happy to go with the DIN version. Can't wait for the regulators to arrive and try them out.

Thanks!

DIN sounds like the more professional and safe option, but I am afraid of the practical issues that may occur. Any piece of advice here, please? Thank you for your quick second reply!

DIN is not safer than yoke connections. It is certainly better in an overhead because of the entanglement possibilities with the yoke knob, but other than that there are no practical advantages. It is a 'theoretically' better connection, but if you will be diving with yoke tanks, GET A YOKE REGULATOR.

If you buy DIN and are forced to use an adapter, you lose ALL the perceived benefits of yoke and place your reg a few inches closer to your head, often in perfect position to whack you in the back of the neck when you look up.

DIN is excellent if you own or rent DIN tanks that are in good shape. I use my DIN regs on my doubles set for technical diving, and occasionally on my HP100. But in a rental situation in the U.S. or caribbean, I always use my yoke regulators.

Sorry.....I know someone will pipe in to disagree, but I speak from experience.

A SeaCure mouthpiece can definitely be remolded multiple times without a problem. And the previous post is correct that SeaCure is designed so that the end of the bite wings can be cut to fit the diver's mouth. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us through our website, www.seacure1.com, or give us a call.

I have a question on this same topic. I've run into a possibility of purchasing this gold anniversary regulator at a considerable discount from the normal MK25/S600 combination. This is a new unit from an authorized dive shop. I saw mentioned on another post that the S600 (and maybe the MK25) have gone through various upgrades suggesting that the anniversary model from 2013 (I think that's right) might not be the same as a new S600 today. Is that something I should be considering?

Back
Top Bottom