Scuba Pro Twin Jet VS Apollo Bio Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newbie Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi there,

i'm currently using the TUSA Imprex Tri-Ex Fins but its causing strains around my calves and ankles especially when finning against the current.

i've used the fins for about 10 dives now and its not getting any better (thought i would get used to it over time), so i'm thinking of getting a new pair of fins.

any feedback / comments about the scuba pro twin jet and apollo bio fins? which would be a better choice?

regards
:D

Do understand that the fins you are looking at are split fins and the kicking style is different from that of a standard paddle fin. Will be nice you do a bit of research and try them for yourself if you could.

I tried them and hate them so..........................

hi there,

i'm currently using the TUSA Imprex Tri-Ex Fins but its causing strains around my calves and ankles especially when finning against the current.

i've used the fins for about 10 dives now and its not getting any better (thought i would get used to it over time), so i'm thinking of getting a new pair of fins.

any feedback / comments about the scuba pro twin jet and apollo bio fins? which would be a better choice?

regards
:D

Do you know if your kicking technique is correct? More often than not poor finning technique is to blame for calf/ankle strain than anything else. Especially if you "bicycle" kick.

hi RJP

so far the DMs didnt mention abt my wrong kicking style and when i did my advance he did mention that its the right way.

so im not sure what is wrong too

As far as the difference between Apollo and Twin Jets , the Apollos are made of rubber , are heavier , the Twin Jets are lighter , easier to kick , I have a pair of each and use them in different situations . You don't get the power as you would from a paddle fin , especially on the surface , if you are cramping it will most likely cure the problem , just kick a little more , and yes...it is a little different kicking technique , its easy to catch on to . Good luck!

Try some MorFins Newbie Diver. You won't strain your ankles and you'll be highly maneuverable. They're great fins, no one really knows about them yet! There's a link for them above. Let me know what you think!

and as a side note, i have the innovative scuba spring straps instead of the regular fin straps- love em- on the scuba pro fins. They really help with ease of putting the fins on and taking them off in less than ideas conditions- and they provide a great snug fit. just my 2 cents

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom