Scuba Pro vs Aqua Lung Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They both make quality gear. It’s like the old question between Ford vs Chevrolet.

For me, where can you get it serviced is more important. If the majority of LDS sell and service ScubaPro, buy their gear. If the majority sell and service AquaLung, well then, that would be my choice.

Yup, what he said.

Have you been able to try either regulator underwater? That's the first thing I would do.

Personally, I have used the same US Divers (Aqualung) regulator for almost 15 years now. As the old ad said, it takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

My training and check-out dives were done with SP regulators and I dived with one as recently as 4 years ago. I'll keep my Conshelf.

I will be trying everything this weekend, and if I am not comfortable with something, they said I can exchange it. Thanks again to everybody.

Brian

Would you mind listing the 25 moving parts in a MK25, please? If you need a schematic I can send you one.

I do not know the 25 moving parts of the MK25. That was just what I was told at my local Scubapro dealer. If I am wrong please let me know and I will apologise for the mistake.

I tried everything this weekend and it was all great. The Aqua lung legend reg was awesome, really helped with my breathing and buoyancy. Thanks for all your help and responses.
:dork2:

I tried everything this weekend and it was all great. The Aqua lung legend reg was awesome, really helped with my breathing and buoyancy. Thanks for all your help and responses.
:dork2:

What BCD & computer you go with? Why? Thanks

I got the Aqua Lung pro qd i3 bc. Love having in the inflater down low instead of on my shoulder, it is very easy to use, being that I have really long arms. The balance of the BC was great, I was not listing at all and felt great and streamlined. The computer is the Sunnuto Gekko, I will really get to use it this week in the lake, if the weather is good.

Brian

Glad you like your stuff! :cheers:

I recently replaced my 8 year old Abyss, which was a great reg for sure, but tended to draw a little rough down deep. I bought a Legend on the recommendation of a tech diver who told me he had 2 on his rig, and they breathed the same at 180 as at 40. I got a chance to test it out last weekend in Cozumel...dropped down to 130 on Santa Rosa...and man am I happy with that reg...absolutely no difference in breathing down at 130 than at much shallower depths. I'm hopefully going to get many great years out of this one.

"tended to draw a little rough down deep. ..."

That is the same problem I had in Cozumel too. When I was under about 60 feet the Oceanic reg I was using there would almost push a little too much air, so I got a different one for the next dive and it was the same thing. For a new diver it made trying to attempt good buoyancy more difficult. Your experience with the legend is what people told me it would do and exactly why I bought it, glad to hear your positive response too.

Back
Top Bottom