Scuba Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

regs, yes for sure... among the best

BC's, don't really know.... should be pretty good. it's hard to screw up a BC

Scubapro BC's used to be head and shoulders above the competiton back in the day when everyone else made bladder BC's as sand would get between the inner bladder and outer shell and grind holes in them.

However, just about everyone has went to the single bladder design (excluding BP wings) that SP originally used so it's a case of the competition catching up. Quality wise SP BC's are very good, but then so are many other companies so it's probably a wash.

With regard to regs, I prefer SP regs over most others based on quality, performance and SP's history of providing long term parts and service support and even upgrades for decades after a particular model goes out of production.

Dan Dan the Scuba Man:
are their BC's and regulators worth the money? I'm looking around for my gear and i was wondering what their quality is?

It's very nice stuff. I have a ScubaPro Classic+ BC and like it quite a bit.

The regs are also excellent, although I'm using Atomic Aquatics right now because most of my diving is in very cold water, and the Atomics are freeze-proof (envionmentally sealed).

If you're diving in reasonable water (above 50 degrees or so), you'll be very happy with a ScubaPro regulator. They breathe beautifully, are very reliable and have spare parts for a really, really long time.

I just picked up a used Mk 1 (when it was new, my new Datsun cost $2700). I had it serviced and it's just like new (although it would be nice if it had more than one Lp port :cool:).

Terry

I have a Classic Plus BC and two reg sets, MK20/D400 and MK25/S600. All top quality. When I get my pony bottle, I will be buying another Scubapro reg set, probably MK2/R190. If by chance something does go wrong (nothing is perfect), Scubapro also has an excellent warranty and customer service.

I use a Knighthawk BC, it's excellent. I travel a lot and it withstands that, plus the shore dives here in Maine. I also use ScubaPro regs and love them. Not only do I use them, but SP is what I purchased for my 11 year old daughter. Even if I were to take a chance on buying less than the best for my own gear (which I wouldn't), I certainly would not even consider anything but the very best for my kids.

You won't be sorry with SP in my opinion.

Jeff

I use ScubaPro equipment for the vast majority of my equipment, including regulators and BCD (Nighthawk). I feel very good about all of it. The regulators breathe wonderfully, and I am quite comfortable moving in that BCD.

Scuba Pro makes great regulators. One of my all time favorite combos is the Mk10 with the G250.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom