Scuba Rear-view mirror?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billtodive:
.I vote crpntr133's as post of the day; in spite of the powerade up my nose
I cast my vote for TJMills and the pocket protector!

I could have used a rear view mirror during a Molokini night dive 2 nights ago. Out on the dropoff of the center reef I first noticed a grey reef shark when he was an arm's length above and to the right, going away from me. My buddy came over and was shaking me, pointing at the shark, and slapping me on the back. On the boat he told me that the shark came up on me so close that he thought the grey was going to take a chunk out of my rear end. A rear view mirrror would have given me some warning. :)

That is one funky looking looking set-up.
I remember a looong time ago (late 80's) I bought a tri-view mask that advertised you could see behind you by looking into the side lens.The lens reflected an image that was behind you. I decided to buy it because it fit me really well.
After diving with this mask for a while I finally noticed a reflection off the side lenses and sure as hell I could see behind me. I loved that mask for that reason.
Don't think I'll be trying that rear view mirror anytime soon though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom