Scuba Schools of America/Rusty Berry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug P.

Reviews
1 Review
Answers
0 Answers

Pushy, manipulative, coercive owner. There are all sorts of accounts on the internet of bad experiences with this shop; ranging from bad experiences with buying a particular item, to having been manipulated into purchasing several thousand dollars worth of nonrefundable equipment (which you are told IS refundable). I have shopped at Best Buy, Wal-Mart and many other retailers that are well-known for poor customer service, but never have I felt such disdain and anger as I did when I shopped at SSA. Rusty Berry gave me the worst customer service experience I have ever had, and all I bought was a mask!. Steer clear of SSA!

Oh, and Rusty posts that all of the complaints against him through BBB have been dismissed. Scuba shops are low volume shops (not many customers)...so why does he have all these BBB complaints in the first place? Don't be duped, this is a shady business...but Rusty is smart enough to make it seem like it isn't.

OH, AND NOTICE THE 5 STAR REVIEWS ABOVE? THEY WERE "COINCIDENTALLY" CREATED ONLY HOURS AFTER THIS POST WAS CREATED AT SCUBABOARD.COM: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/socal/358721-scuba-schools-america-rusty-berry.html

» Bookmark | » Send a Message |

Posted on 11/8/2010
Was this review...?
Useful
(51)

Funny
(22)
ReviewsFlag this Review

Business responded on 11/9/2010
Mmmm....the only Doug P we have in our system is Doug Pinsak. Can't imagine the problem you had with your mask purchase....maybe you can call us and let us know so we can possibly fix it. If you mean being manipulated by asking a person.." Would you like to purchase this item?" yep I'm guilty of it. Sorry folks...we are the kind of dive store that will ask you to purchase what you are looking for and we will even go into the pool with you and make sure it works and if it doesn't we'll find the right thing for you. No one has ever been told that there is an unconditional guarantee for anything in our stores.

Regarding complaints in the ten years I've been with the BBB four complaints aren't bad. It's just when the truth has been twisted. Like with the couple that keeps posting under different alias's that we promised to refund their personal equipment if they didn't like it. They failed to mention that they reviewed the program twice before actually committing to it....and a third time during class module one.....and...Oh yeah...did they mention that we even gave them thier rental and their boat trips to them for free just because we care...no they didn't mention that! And that they texted us that they can sure tell that customer service is important to us? We have all their texts if you want them. Or the woman that was told that we would sell her system for her during the summertime so she could get her refund because she has some mental issues to deal with.....no she didn't mention that either...she still has yet to get her equipment back to us so we can sell it. Our written guarantee is posted and right infront of everyone's face...people just choose to hear and see what they want to hear and see then hide behind alias's because they can't handle face to face confrontation.

Yep...you're going to have hundreds of responses from all or our happy divers and customers that understand that we have been and always will be completely upfront about what scuba
Rusty Berry

First to Review
First to Review
savvy shopper

Reviews
1 Review
Answers
0 Answers

Dealt with them personally and with a friend. Totally unscrupulous sales and owner. Old school high pressure sales, bait and switch, and preys on the inexperienced to sell them more than what they need at inflated prices. Am in the process of reporting them for fraud to appropriate agencies. Have already reported them to Consumer Affairs dept. "All sales final" type of establishment.
» Bookmark | » Send a Message |

Posted on 3/8/2010
Was this review...?
Useful
(35)

Funny
(42)
ReviewsFlag this Review

Business responded on 11/5/2010
On the contrary. On our receipts there is a two day return policy on most items with the exception of special order or custom items and any personal snorkeling equipment. We have no complaints with any agencies. We have been able to get all complaints dismissed with the BBB. So who are you? Are you one of the pissed off people that got thier complaint dismissed also?
Rusty Berry

An excellent idea...

An even better idea is to do a screen capture on them (ctrl+print screen) then paste into a word document. Then if the responses ever disappear they can be "re-visited".

I'm just sayin :wink:

J.

Wow.....you're fast Lina.....

Maybe you DID train Karma :D

The screen capture thing just gives a little more "context" in that the viewer can see that it was made by Rusty in that forum, rather than leave it open to accusation's of editing after the fact.

J.

Wow, Lina, you sure didn't waste any time. :wink:

OH, and btw - I just discovered there's a message forum in there, with a thread about SSA. Lina, is that you posting in there?

LIED TO BY SCUBA SCHOOLS OF AMERICA - Ask Community

No, but I do know the person who started that column. Someone who was screwed too and her review was taken down too.

Your too fast for me :)

I'm pissed off. What do they say about a woman scorned or wronged??? :wink:

I honestly do not want anyone else to go through any of what I have gone through and still have to do. I am angry and it just makes me angrier at the lies and insults Rusty continues to spew...

I love this quote from My Name Is Earl ..... "Karma's a bitch .. and she hates me"

I'm hoping it applies to Rusty

Lina ... I know that right now your on mission :wink:
... but when you have the time, could you fill in your profile?

I love this quote from My Name Is Earl ..... "Karma's a bitch .. and she hates me"

I'm hoping it applies to Rusty

Lina ... I know that right now your on mission :wink:
... but when you have the time, could you fill in your profile?

Done...I've filled as much as I could.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom