Scuba Schools of America/Rusty Berry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The BBB is a buisness, cash is king, you need money for a buisness otherwise you have no buisness.
It takes more than money for business

if your business concerns trust , and you don't have any .. you don't have a business

Last edited:
It takes more than money for business

if your business concerns trust , and you don't have any .. you don't have a business

And the fact that the BBB is still in buisness says something about them. Not sure what, though. Google, Ask Jeeves, Dogpile, ect; ect; offer better information about a buisness than a third party paid by the businesses it is "reporting" on.

How you can tell if a company has paid the fee on the BBB is if they're an "Accredited" business. They're only "Accredited" once they've paid. Non-accredited businesses don't pay.

As for the other websites Tyesai, there were a bunch of reviews on Yelp that were taken down recently too cause I'm sure Rusty had taken them down too. I guess now it's just my day in court that'll be the final word...

Isn't posting a bunch of negative things about someone's business and reputation a touchy subject for SB right now?

Sounds like he also deserves it, though.

How you can tell if a company has paid the fee on the BBB is if they're an "Accredited" business. They're only "Accredited" once they've paid. Non-accredited businesses don't pay.

As for the other websites Tyesai, there were a bunch of reviews on Yelp that were taken down recently too cause I'm sure Rusty had taken them down too. I guess now it's just my day in court that'll be the final word...

First good luck! You got took for a ride, I hope you haven't given up diving because of it though.

Second, I'm not knocking you, I'm saying the BBB is ****, its useless, there is no point in it, have no faith, don't use it. It isn't there to be the consumers savior.

Yeah .. you can't be having an opinion about a company and posting it ... :shakehead:

I can't belive this thread is still going.......and going........and going

And another thing I considered unusual -

Berry sells these custom BCD's, with your name embroidered on them no less, for about $650.00. But the inflater/ deflater hose is not included. He sells that separately. Can't remember the exact price, but it was well over $100.00.

Every other BCD I have seen for sale includes the inflater hose. Is that typical?

So the actual price is over $700.00 for a wing back(?) BC with a lift cap. of around 65 lbs. And to my understanding this type of BC is not the best for beginners.

Oh, and when I asked him why I should buy his custom BCD, and not another brand like Scubapro at half the price, he said - "this one comes with a 100% money back guarantee."

Funny, because he mentions in one of his replies at BBB that his return policy does NOT apply to custom orders.

So this guy sells Atomic masks, without the Atomic supplied mask strap, and "custom" BC's, without inflators or inflator hoses... I wonder if dump valves are included or if those are extra too?
I've heard horror stories about this guy for years, but am yet to cross paths with him. I'm thinking I may take a drive to Montclair this weekend and pose as a potential openwater student. Can't hardly wait to hear his pitch. I wonder if my blackberry would be able to record the entire conversation???

Bring a friend. Let him know you're both also interested in rebreathers. Have him ring everything up...and then just walk away. :)

So this guy sells Atomic masks, without the Atomic supplied mask strap, and "custom" BC's, without inflators or inflator hoses... I wonder if dump valves are included or if those are extra too?
I've heard horror stories about this guy for years, but am yet to cross paths with him. I'm thinking I may take a drive to Montclair this weekend and pose as a potential openwater student. Can't hardly wait to hear his pitch. I wonder if my blackberry would be able to record the entire conversation???

Bring a friend. Let him know you're both also interested in rebreathers. Have him ring everything up...and then just walk away. :)

That's AWESOME!

Back
Top Bottom