Scuba Snopes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last edited:
A famous tv naturalist was diving and a southern stingray whipped its tail and pushed a barb into his heart or hear sac and he died very quickly. Actually, that did happen. One of the most bizarre yet true diving stories ever. RIP Steve Irwin.
Divemasterdennis

I believe you may have misread my post. The myth I was describing was the belief that the ray intentionally attacked and killed the woman by climbing on board the boat and stabbing her with its barbed tail. Or were you saying the article says that is true?

Oh, like that Jaguar Ray that stalked and killed Steve Irwin.

The fish was apparently very smart as she had to skillfully lure Mr. Irwin into trying to mate with her from behind.

Clever girl.

If you maintain your own gear, you will die!!

If you breathe Nitrox you can go deeper.

You need a card to go deeper than 100'.

You should never carry a pony when you use good gas management or are with a buddy.(my favorite):D

If you have a tank O2 cleaned for oxygen and use it one time for air, you need to have it OW cleaned again, regardless of where you get that air.

I believe you may have misread my post. The myth I was describing was the belief that the ray intentionally attacked and killed the woman by climbing on board the boat and stabbing her with its barbed tail. Or were you saying the article says that is true?
LOL, I didn't get the "intentional" thing. The incident itself was freakish enough to be a snope.
I don't think either one knew what hit them.

At Ventura Harbor, Andria's Seafood is better than Brophy Bros Seafood. Eeeeewwwwww, Andria's could kill you!!

Should have listed to Capt. Ted instead of the fools at Ventura Dive and Sport. Ewwwwww!!!! I just threw up in my mouth a little thinking about it.

When I first started diving (1980) I learned never hold my breath while ascending. Some how over the years it became never hold your breath... ever... or you will die!
also, don't forget...
Snorkeling is just as good as Scuba!!! Not!!!

Back
Top Bottom