Scuba stuff in thrift stores.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, I ran up to Tucson to find the OP's tanks. The first is pretty straight-forward:

Tank code in black.

TC-3ALM207
TC – Transport Canda
3AL – Aluminum Spec (Can)
M207 – Service Pressure in bar

DOT-3AL3000 UU26413 LUXFER 05A04 S030
DOT – Dept of Trans
3AL – Aluminum Spec (US)
3000 – Service Pressure in psi
UU26413 – Serial Number
Luxfer – Manufacturer
05 – Month of Mftr
A – Mark of inspector
04 – year of manufacturer
S030 - Model

Here's the second tank - about the size of a Spare Air, I think, and with one 'continuous' line around the neck. What the heck is it, and what's it for?

TC - 3ALM20700T - 3AL3000 BV007156 M4002 07C04 CATALINA S6
TC – Transport Canda
3AL – Aluminum Spec (Can)
M207 – Service Pressure in bar
00T = ??????

Assuming
3AL - Aluminum Spec (US)
3000 - Service Pressure in psi
BV007156 = Serial number
M4002 = ???????
07 = Month of Manufacturer
C = Inspector
04 = Year of Manufacturer
CATALINA = Manufacturer
S6 = Model

I was looking at a couple of sites, trying to figure out what size the bottles were. I thought the smaller one looked like a 6 cubic foot bottle, and as near as I could guess on how the size of the larger compared to the illustration online, I thought it might be a 30 cf. Looking at the model numbers, it looks like I was guessing correctly.

The more knowledgable here would be better qualified to suggest appropriate applications for them.

Luxfer AL 30cf and Catalina AL 6cf tanks.

If they don't have additional hydro stamps then they are out of hydro.

Well, I think I have my pony for a future Solo class . . . :D

Since I paid less than $60 for the pair, I'm happy.

:hm: Y'all think I should get another 6 & manifold them for doubles?

:giggle:

They must have dropped the price for Monday. It would have been $125 for the pair on Saturday. Good deal!

They must have dropped the price for Monday. It would have been $125 for the pair on Saturday. Good deal!

Half price . . . I bought the 30cuft pony, then went back to hem and haw . . . she let me have the 6cuft for $20. :dance3:

Half price . . . I bought the 30cuft pony, then went back to hem and haw . . . she let me have the 6cuft for $20. :dance3:

If you weren't advertising yourself as a warm water wimp I would suggest that the 6 could be used as an argon bottle.:D

If you weren't advertising yourself as a warm water wimp I would suggest that the 6 could be used as an argon bottle.:D

:idea:

That would have been my suggestion as well.

That would have been my suggestion as well.

Okay, that's three recommendations (one pm) . . . argon it is!

I shall probably be dry by next year . . . :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom