Scuba stuff in thrift stores.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I think I have my pony for a future Solo class . . . :D

Since I paid less than $60 for the pair, I'm happy.

:hm: Y'all think I should get another 6 & manifold them for doubles?

:giggle:

This is what I'm talking about. Couldn't get a damn flight.

I'm not understanding half the things you are posting ... are you going for the person with the most random posts ?

I'm not understanding half the things you are posting ... are you going for the person with the most random posts ?

I have been roving, and Knowone has a number of nonsensical posts that have nothing whatsoever to do with anything related to the thread. This appears to be just one more.

Remember that the next time you see that name.

I have been roving, and Knowone has a number of nonsensical posts that have nothing whatsoever to do with anything related to the thread. This appears to be just one more.

Remember that the next time you see that name.

Sounds like a 16 / 17 -year-old . . . :hmmm:

Half price . . . I bought the 30cuft pony, then went back to hem and haw . . . she let me have the 6cuft for $20. :dance3:

This is what I'm talking about too Y'all. Just press the switch off button thingo. I wish.

I have to agree with Jim that nitrox should be discussed in a basic open water course so that beginning divers know at least what it is. After all it is common enough now that most divers will come across it.

Nitrox was discussed in our OW class.

The particulars of the legal issues concerning filling a bottle labeled, "Nitrox Only" with regular air, however, was likely considered more apt for the actual nitrox class.

Nitrox is a mixture of air and oxygen. The advantages are a longer time under water and shortened surface intervals. The main disadvantage is that your maximium operating depth is generally lower than with air only. In a nitrox class they discuss at length oxygen toxcitiy. There is nothing wrong, illegal, or unethical about putting air in a nitrox tank as long as the air has been filtered to remove any trace oil from the compressor. Any dive shop that sells nitrox should have the special filtration equipment and can put air only in a nitrox tank. The tank will still be eligible to
be filled with nitrox at a latter date. If you put air from a compressor without the special filters then the tank cannot be filled with nitrox if using the partial fill method where pure oxygen is first added to the tank and then topped off with air. It must be O2 clean. If using banked (premixed) nitrox then the tank can still be filled with nitrox as long as the contamination is not heavy (i.e. bad air). In the past most dive shops used partial blending which required O2 cleaned tanks now I think most use banked nitrox (at least in South Florida) so it is not necessary. Most new regs and and tanks can handle recreational blends of nitrox (up to 36% oxygen) without O2 cleaning. If you go beyond that both tanks and regs may require O2 cleaning.

I took the TDI nitrox course and from what I remember is consisted of a few class sessions discussing diving physiology, use of nitrox tables, and testing the level of oxygen in the tank. There was also 2 optional nitrox dives. I am not sure if it changed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom