Scuba use for o-ring sizes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HenrikBP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Awhile back I bought an o-ring kit geared toward Scuba gear (I know ... live and learn)

I've found uses for most of the sizes included in the kit (003, 006, 007, 010, 011, 012, 013, 014, 015, 016, 019, 022, 023, 112, 214) except for sizes 016, 019 and 023.

Anyone know of a use for those 3? 019 might be of use for Apeks venturi assist??

Thanks,

Henrik

I updated my list.

A 016 is a Scubapro 160 used on inlet tubes on Gxxx, Rxxx, and Dxxx.
The 019 looks like a SP 168 used on a Mk3 piston.
The 023 looks like a SP 182 used on a Mk200 piston. It is also used on my Oceanic Data + computer battery compartment.

I updated my list.

Happy to hear they aren't a complete waste ... I certainly paid enough for the kit ... :)
Oh well, you don't know what you don't know.

So the 016 for my G250s but probably not for the R109s. I actually have an old MK3 first stage that I could rebuild as well. Cool.

I looked over the kit again, and realized I don't have a use for the 007 either?

Henrik

I think the 016 will only seal against plastic.:D

The 007 puzzled me also. I may have to look at some more schematics. I know that is a size I do not have in my bag of o-rings.

Maybe it is like the extra part in a jigsaw puzzle.

I think the 016 will only seal against plastic.:D

Ach ... foiled again :)

The 007 puzzled me also. <snip>

Maybe it is like the extra part in a jigsaw puzzle.

Just messing with my head, eh :D

Thanks again,

Henrik

From the chart provided by Superstar in the other thread, the -007 is used in some lights.

From the chart provided by Superstar in the other thread, the -007 is used in some lights.

Thanks AWAP. I saw the charts but didn't read through them yet. For lights ... hmmm.

OK, so all in all not a bad kit I bought back then. A few "rare opportunity" sizes, but generally a decent range of sizes. It came with nice short-handle brass pick and 2 small packs of Tribolube, and was on sale as well. I feel better now :D

Of course it did not have the 117 and 017 I needed to finish rebuilding my MK10 ... so I just "had" to place another o-ring order. I should be good for many years now :wink:

Henrik

Back
Top Bottom